Author Topic: Graham: Senate Will Challenge White House on Iran Deal  (Read 828 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: Senate Will Challenge White House on Iran Deal
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:29:51 pm »
http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx?nodeid=538540

Graham: Senate Will Challenge White House on Iran Deal
Monday, November 25, 2013 01:31 PM

By: Audrey Hudson

Sen. Lindsey Graham said Monday that despite the Obama administration's interim deal with Iran the Senate would pass a bipartisan measure forcing sanctions against the rogue nation until its nuclear capability has been completely dismantled.

According to The Washington Free Beacon, the South Carolina Republican said on CNN's "New Day" that sanctions will come out of Congress in the next couple of weeks to ensure Iran dismantles its reactor rather than suspends construction as the deal requires.

"You stop enrichment, not just pause it," Graham said.

"Right now, the interim deal leaves their capability totally intact. The new round of sanctions will be focusing on the end game, and it is coming soon," Graham said.

Graham is the latest in a growing line of Republicans and Democrats on Capitol Hill who oppose the deal with Iran, which requires the country to curtail its nuclear program in exchange for billions of dollars in aid that would flow without sanctions.

The Obama administration has warned Congress not to move ahead with sanctions, but Graham's statement is the strongest yet that lawmakers are not willing to let the White House deal stand.

"This deal doesn't represent the fact that we are dealing with some of the most thuggish people in the world," Graham said.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: Graham: Senate Will Challenge White House on Iran Deal
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:10 pm »
Whatever Graham. You always talk tough around re-election time. Obama already has given Tehran the money, lifted sanctions months ago. Where is your outrage at that?  :chairbang:

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:41 pm »
Mr. Graham's words are about as useless as (mammary glands) on a boar.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:10:52 pm »
Mr. Graham's words are about as useless as (mammary glands) on a boar.
yep about as useless as a football bat too.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 10:21:29 pm »
I suppose you could always filibuster, lindsey. Oh wait, that probably won't work

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 01:17:11 am »
McCain was on Bill O'Reilly - he doesn't believe Obama is doing this to take the heat off Obamacare.   :thud:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 01:31:37 am »
I wasn't in the mood for O'Reilly, so am watching The Voice. I made a wise choice because I can't stomach watching and listening to McCain. The guy lacks any real insight to anything.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 02:01:11 am »
I wasn't in the mood for O'Reilly, so am watching The Voice. I made a wise choice because I can't stomach watching and listening to McCain. The guy lacks any real insight to anything.

BOR introduced him as "a foreign policy expert"   :3:
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776