Author Topic: CURL: Democrats at war: Bailing on Obama  (Read 433 times)

Offline Rapunzel

CURL: Democrats at war: Bailing on Obama
« on: November 24, 2013, 09:13:44 PM »

Offline Relic

Re: CURL: Democrats at war: Bailing on Obama
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:39:52 AM »
The predictions of the end of liberalism, or of the Democrat party concern me. I view them like the broadcasters saying last night's Patriots-Broncos game was all but over at the half.

Democrats are relentless, and they have huge advantages. They have a complicit media, and a public that can easily be convinced to blame Republicans for everything, including the cold snap in Ohio right now.

With that in mind, this is an opening, a chance to gain ground. Republicans must band together get a message and fight like they are losing the battle, (because they are).

One of the reasons Americans don't pay attention is if you get information from more than one source, chances are, you'll get contradictory information. I can't tell you how many times I read Obama would shred the economy. The economy isn't good, but it's not shredded like the dire predictions. It really is a challenge to figure out what is going on. And the media only makes it worse. So, while I constantly complain about stupid Americans, it's not that simple. Some try, and get frustrated and just wait for whatever is going to happen.

Another thing that I think I know. Americans don't necessarily think healthcare is a right, but think everyone should have access, (a distinction with no difference). For the Republicans to win over the middle, they need to address the healthcare system. It was an identifiable problem for 20 years before Obama got a chance to do something stupid. If Republicans had driven incremental changes, it would have blunted Obama's chances. Hillarycare was the warning shot. It was ignored at a federal level.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:08:11 AM »
The predictions of the end of liberalism, or of the Democrat party concern me. I view them like the broadcasters saying last night's Patriots-Broncos game was all but over at the half.

Democrats are relentless, and they have huge advantages. They have a complicit media, and a public that can easily be convinced to blame Republicans for everything, including the cold snap in Ohio right now.

With that in mind, this is an opening, a chance to gain ground. Republicans must band together get a message and fight like they are losing the battle, (because they are).

One of the reasons Americans don't pay attention is if you get information from more than one source, chances are, you'll get contradictory information. I can't tell you how many times I read Obama would shred the economy. The economy isn't good, but it's not shredded like the dire predictions. It really is a challenge to figure out what is going on. And the media only makes it worse. So, while I constantly complain about stupid Americans, it's not that simple. Some try, and get frustrated and just wait for whatever is going to happen.

Another thing that I think I know. Americans don't necessarily think healthcare is a right, but think everyone should have access, (a distinction with no difference). For the Republicans to win over the middle, they need to address the healthcare system. It was an identifiable problem for 20 years before Obama got a chance to do something stupid. If Republicans had driven incremental changes, it would have blunted Obama's chances. Hillarycare was the warning shot. It was ignored at a federal level.

They don't come back moderate.  They return more extreme.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 05:30:42 PM »
It really is a challenge to figure out what is going on. And the media only makes it worse. So, while I constantly complain about stupid Americans, it's not that simple. Some try, and get frustrated and just wait for whatever is going to happen.

For the Republicans to win over the middle, they need to address the healthcare system. It was an identifiable problem for 20 years before Obama got a chance to do something stupid. If Republicans had driven incremental changes, it would have blunted Obama's chances.

:thumbsup:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:32:00 PM by Anomalism »

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 07:44:02 PM »

Yeah, like we've already won an majority in the Senate, it is a slam dunk.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf