Author Topic: Dangerous cross-country storm threatens US holiday travel  (Read 407 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Dangerous cross-country storm threatens US holiday travel
« on: November 24, 2013, 06:52:56 PM »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Dangerous cross-country storm threatens US holiday travel
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:20:47 PM »
yep...out in flyover country, there are billboard signs up along I-80 that read "When lights are flashing, take next exit" because the interstate is closed for snow.  It is entirely possible to get snowed in for 10-12 days in parts of Nebraska, depending on how bad the weather gets....

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
yep...out in flyover country, there are billboard signs up along I-80 that read "When lights are flashing, take next exit" because the interstate is closed for snow.  It is entirely possible to get snowed in for 10-12 days in parts of Nebraska, depending on how bad the weather gets....

It was a very cold storm as it crossed Arizona, dropped a lot of rain and snow in the mountains at a low elevation.. I don't imagine it is going to get any better as it crosses the nation.

Offline happyg

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 07:29:22 PM »
We don't expect any snow in this part of Ohio, but it's cold as heck. It's 20 degrees, and the low is 17. I'm wrapped up in a big fat robe!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 07:29:58 PM »
Coldest it's been this time of year in ages.  Usually here in South-Central Texas, 70s to 80s during the day and 50s to 60s at night is not unusual.  Last year, it was about 10 days before Christmas and in the upper 70s.  It felt weird going to a Christmas concert dressed like it was summer time.

That said, dang global warming.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline rustynail

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 07:30:55 PM »
Will the black Friday campers be OK?

Offline happyg

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 07:40:11 PM »
Will the black Friday campers be OK?

LOL! They won't let some lil ol blizzard stop them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf