Author Topic: Is Barack Mentally Malnourished? A Reasonable Explanation for Obama’s Mind  (Read 429 times)

Offline happyg

In fact, a weird, recent phenomenon emerges from the perpetual miasma, confusion and drama composing the life and times of Barack Obama. Many strain at the question—What drives the man? In office he has appeared arrogant and self-satisfied to a degree remarkable even for a US president. Further, he has so often seemed ignorant or obtuse to his surroundings, and of the topics presented to him.

Seemingly he is satisfied by the roar of the crowd as if this were the same thing as excellence. Obama is both the most disdainful of opinion of others, and yet the most dependent upon sheer popularity to prop up his image.

Would it really be so strange if an individual of high office, yet low achievement were driven by small ideas and an incipient laziness - which were somehow obscured by his position? In fact, it seems Barack has an allergy to deep thinking, the work of deep study, and in-depth analysis. This would help explain his apparent ignorance regarding the failed ObamaCare website, and virtually all of his other failures. According to this theory, it is not the times being too difficult which tripped up Barack, but his being too small in confronting the tasks which resulted in his overwhelming failure as commander in chief. Consider the following argument.

I. Mystery of Barack’s Mind—Super-powered, or Second Class?

A. Sin of Self Love

Two theories help explain the contradiction of Obama’s reputation. One is from his presidency, the other beforehand. First is a stunning statement made by Barack to a White House job applicant (Patrick Gaspard) in 2007 during an interview, from The New Yorker’s Battle Plans, How Obama Won. He said:

I think that I’m a better speechwriter than my speechwriters. I know more about policies on any particular issue than my policy directors. And I’ll tell you right now that I’m gonna think I’m a better political director than my political director.

Obviously, after spending a lifetime of dining on the Politically Correct flattery of his unctuous fans, Barack fell completely in love with the sound of his own voice. In the book The Obamas, Jodi Kantor describes and quotes Barack:

Obama had always had a high estimation of his ability to cast and run his operation. When David Plouffe, his campaign manager, first interviewed for a job with him in 2006, the senator gave him a warning: “I think I could probably do every job on the campaign better than the people I’ll hire to do it,” he said. “It’s hard to give up control when that’s all I’ve known.”

B. Self-Doubt

The second theme is from Barack’s days as a University of Chicago legal instructor. Given Barack’s far left governing style, it’s wholly unsurprising that he taught progressive and racially oriented constitutional law classes. Writes the NY Times:

At University of Chicago, Mr. Obama taught three courses, ascending to senior lecturer, a title otherwise carried only by a few federal judges. His most traditional course was in the due process and equal protection areas of constitutional law. His voting rights class traced the evolution of election law, from the disenfranchisement of blacks to contemporary debates over districting and campaign finance. His most original course, a historical and political seminar as much as a legal one, was on racism and law. Mr. Obama was especially eager for his charges to understand the horrors of the past, students say. He assigned a 1919 catalog of lynching victims, including some who were first raped or stripped of their ears and fingers, others who were pregnant or lynched with their children, and some whose charred bodies were sold off, bone fragment by bone fragment, to gawkers.

Obama was popular with his students, but simply refused to engage with the University of Chicago faculty, according to the NY Times:

The Chicago law faculty is full of intellectually fiery friendships that burn across ideological lines. Three times a week, professors do combat over lunch at a special round table in the university’s faculty club, and they share and defend their research in workshop discussions. Mr. Obama rarely attended, even when he was in town.

While one might guess that Obama has always had the highest opinion of his own mind, other folks believe the reason he avoided the University of Chicago faculty, and skips other challenges is because he lacks confidence. Is this really possible? This is the claim in a Vanity Fair article, The Lonely Guy, that states,

Just how someone wired the way Obama is got so far in politics remains a puzzlement. His aloneness is generally regarded as springing from a surfeit of self-confidence, a certitude that he really does know best. But at least one former senior administration adviser has argued that the trait springs from the opposite source: a basic insecurity on the president’s part, one that keeps him from surrounding himself with strong intellectual rivals in either the White House or the Cabinet.

So which is it…the Obama as genius, or Barack as insecure know-nothing? In fact, his persona could best be described as the arrogant Obama as a mask to hide who he secretly knows himself to be—the failed intellectual, would-be-messiah, and hack politician driven only by blind ideology. Of course someone who blusters through life behind such a facade, yet refuses to be examined by anyone astute, is going to conduct themselves like an arrogant jackass, always condescending to others.

II. Answers From Obamaland

More of the article at link: http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/59452