Author Topic: FOX News Judge Napolitano demolishes Juan Williams  (Read 2303 times)

rangerrebew

FOX News Judge Napolitano demolishes Juan Williams
« on: November 24, 2013, 01:37:22 pm »
Fox News’ Judge Napolitano Demolishes Juan Williams

By Onan Coca   / 23 November 2013   / 132 Comments   

2.1KShare   5   2.2KShare   58Tweet

I’m a big fan of Judge Andrew Napolitano who regularly appears on Fox News (and Fox Business Channel). He’s an intelligent, no-nonsense guy who can clearly articulate conservative and libertarian positions on a whole host of issues, and the best part is that he doesn’t let himself get bullied by other personalities. He recently appeared on Fox News with Juan Williams and Bret Baier where he tore apart the liberal argument for Obamacare (and befuddled Juan Williams in the process).

Judge Napolitano: Juan, fasten your seat belt. The federal government should stay within the confines of the constitution. The constitution does not authorize the federal government to have anything whatsoever to do with healthcare. So, Obamacare should be abolished along with Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security, but the people who are on those programs should be grandfathered in because they paid money to be in there and they’ve ordered their lives to stay there. The states should regulate healthcare because the states retain that power under the constitution. So, if you want if you want mandatory healthcare, go live in Massachusetts. If you want the free market and you want individual savings accounts, financial money savings accounts, go live in Texas. As Uncle Ronnie used to say, you can vote with your feet. When the government attempts to do what only the free market can do, when the government says everybody’s got to drive a Mercedes whether you can afford one or not, whether you want one to drive one or not, very few people will have cars and everybody will be walking.

napbookJuan Williams: “Let me just very quickly ask, you say you want to do away with Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid?”

Judge Napolitano: “Absolutely. Because the Constitution doesn’t authorize it. It would be far better administered by the states… In my world, where government lives within the confines of the Constitution, people are responsible for themselves. It’s not the Beltway world where you live. People don’t look to the federal government to take care of them.”

Juan Williams: “The two of you have abandoned the whole notion of conservatism.”

Judge Napolitano: “You have abandoned the notion that the Constitution means what it says.”

If our politicians were as thoughtful and serious as Judge Napolitano, our nation would be in a much better position today. Thanks, Judge.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/3102/fox-news-judge-napolitano-demolishes-juan-williams/#8hFYV4qiibV8Jg0s.99

Offline olde north church

Re: FOX News Judge Napolitano demolishes Juan Williams
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:45:12 pm »
Quite remarkable considering he's from NJ, therefore incapable of passing Conservative purity litmus test.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:13:30 pm »
Juan makes so many outrageous statements that I wonder if he isn't getting money under the table. He has to know some of that stuff he spews is stupid. I wonder what his conservative sons think of him?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:18:22 pm »
I saw this as it happened and was cheering the judge on the entire time! The Judge is right on the money and Juan  is an IDIOT!

The downside is that there are probably not 20 elected officials in Washington who see things as the judge and I see them!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 02:21:16 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:59:43 pm »
Quite remarkable considering he's from NJ, therefore incapable of passing Conservative purity litmus test.

Not sure what being from New Jersey has to do with it.. and if this is a snide comment because some of us cannot stand Chris Christie - Christie would do well to have a conversation with the Judge and actually learn the things he obviously did not learn while HE was in law school...

BTW Freedom Watch now has an online University and the Judge is teaching the constitution for them... it is a free class.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 09:11:04 pm »
Not sure what being from New Jersey has to do with it.. and if this is a snide comment because some of us cannot stand Chris Christie - Christie would do well to have a conversation with the Judge and actually learn the things he obviously did not learn while HE was in law school...

BTW Freedom Watch now has an online University and the Judge is teaching the constitution for them... it is a free class.

Nothing to do with Chris Christie.  Related to the continued snide remarks regarding NE, northerners overall about Conservative bona fides.  As if those only south of the Mason and Dixon line are the only true Conservatives.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 09:21:57 pm »
Nothing to do with Chris Christie.  Related to the continued snide remarks regarding NE, northerners overall about Conservative bona fides.  As if those only south of the Mason and Dixon line are the only true Conservatives.

I suspect this comes from the fact it is impossible for a true conservative to get elected in the north eastern part of the USA.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 09:46:58 pm »
I suspect this comes from the fact it is impossible for a true conservative to get elected in the north eastern part of the USA.

Has very little to do with the candidate but a lot to do with the make up of the electorate.  Sheila Jackson Lee is from Texas.  Isn't that right?

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2013, 09:48:14 pm »
To me what makes one conservative or not is whether or not he believes the Constitution is fundamental law and means EXACTLY what it says! If you believe that I don't care what part of the country you are from you are a conservative in my book and if you don't you're not!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 09:56:02 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2013, 09:49:25 pm »
Has very little to do with the candidate but a lot to do with the make up of the electorate.  Sheila Jackson Lee is from Texas.  Isn't that right?

No! She is a carpetbagger from New York City!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2013, 09:52:55 pm »
No! She is a carpetbagger from New York City!

Was not aware of that!  Learn something new each day!  Thanks.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2013, 09:55:01 pm »
Was not aware of that!  Learn something new each day!  Thanks.

You are most welcome!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2013, 09:58:44 pm »
You are most welcome!

and if they didn't have the constituency, like the one she enjoys there is no way people like her or Maxine Waters or Charlie Rangle would be elected over and over again.

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2013, 10:12:25 pm »
and if they didn't have the constituency, like the one she enjoys there is no way people like her or Maxine Waters or Charlie Rangle would be elected over and over again.

And that's the rub and the way it works everywhere

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2013, 10:13:46 pm »
Juan makes so many outrageous statements that I wonder if he isn't getting money under the table. He has to know some of that stuff he spews is stupid. I wonder what his conservative sons think of him?

Has anyone else noticed that Juan has become more stridently stupid of late?

He has said absurd things in defense of Obama, and I've actually felt embarrassed for him.

I actually prefer Bob Beckel to Juan these days..............and that's pretty scary stuff!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline happyg

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2013, 10:19:05 pm »
Has anyone else noticed that Juan has become more stridently stupid of late?

He has said absurd things in defense of Obama, and I've actually felt embarrassed for him.

I actually prefer Bob Beckel to Juan these days..............and that's pretty scary stuff!

Beckel is biased, but mostly honest. I think Juan got a taste of big money at Fox, and is being paid off. Like you posted, he has dumbed down a helluva lot, particularly over ACA.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »
Beckel is biased, but mostly honest. I think Juan got a taste of big money at Fox, and is being paid off. Like you posted, he has dumbed down a helluva lot, particularly over ACA.

Maybe it did originate when he lost his job at NPR and Fox hired him for big bucks.

There's something really wrong, because although I always thought Juan was a bit dim, I felt he was a straightforward guy.

Now he seems like a brain-dead puppet who is basically dishonest.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2013, 10:59:31 pm »
Maybe it did originate when he lost his job at NPR and Fox hired him for big bucks.

There's something really wrong, because although I always thought Juan was a bit dim, I felt he was a straightforward guy.

Now he seems like a brain-dead puppet who is basically dishonest.

He was pretty dumb back before he was fired from NPR, I vividly remember how Brit Hume would be aghast at his comments on Fox News Sunday.... I really think Juan is lacking IQ-wise.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 11:40:17 pm »
Good grief, watching Fox News Sunday right now - Juan thinks this is a great deal with Iran.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 12:08:59 am »
He was pretty dumb back before he was fired from NPR, I vividly remember how Brit Hume would be aghast at his comments on Fox News Sunday.... I really think Juan is lacking IQ-wise.

I completely agree on that.

I just think he's become more combative and less honest recently.

Perhaps he's desperate to defend the first black President against his obvious failure, but whatever it is, it seems more than low IQ.

It seems completely dishonest.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 12:14:24 am »
I completely agree on that.

I just think he's become more combative and less honest recently.

Perhaps he's desperate to defend the first black President against his obvious failure, but whatever it is, it seems more than low IQ.

It seems completely dishonest.

He thinks he's the cats meow now that he has been invited to meet with POTUS in the oval office...    I just don't understand how he sired conservative sons.