Author Topic: Officials hide evidence: 4 years after common core test scores plummet  (Read 484 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Officials hide evidence: 4 years after common core test scores plummet
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 09:52:23 AM »
A couple of months ago the Oregonian ran an article about what appeared to be massive test score manipulation in the Portland Public Schools.  The reaction among the local liberati was a large, collective yawn.  Union teachers simply cannot do wrong.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 03:04:26 PM »
They are pushing the kids way too fast for their ability to learn.  My child is being forced to take college prep Pre-Algebra in the 6th grade when he  still has a below average grade level on basic math. When I was his age you took basic math until 8th grade and then IF you were ready to move on you took Pre-Algebra, and those still struggling in basic math continue taking basic math all the way through high school if needed.

Today the school's don't care about the individual, and you move on to the next level of math with everybody else regardless of your ability. You move on to the next grade regardless of your grades. There is no holding a kid back. And because you will no longer cover basic math for the rest of your time in school all of that will soon be past history and much of it forgotten.  My son who has Aspergers and attention deficit issues cant grasp algebraic equations at all, and all the new terms like intergers, rational and irrational numbers, exponents, graphing inequalities, and the rest just leaves him feeling hopeless and left behind. You may as well be speaking Chinese to him.  He was  trying to complete a math test last Friday and it left him with a bad migraine and he got physically sick to his stomach when he got home. He told me none of made sense to him.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline kevindavis

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 03:33:06 PM »
They are pushing the kids way too fast for their ability to learn.  My child is being forced to take college prep Pre-Algebra in the 6th grade when he  still has a below average grade level on basic math. When I was his age you took basic math until 8th grade and then IF you were ready to move on you took Pre-Algebra, and those still struggling in basic math continue taking basic math all the way through high school if needed.

Today the school's don't care about the individual, and you move on to the next level of math with everybody else regardless of your ability. You move on to the next grade regardless of your grades. There is no holding a kid back. And because you will no longer cover basic math for the rest of your time in school all of that will soon be past history and much of it forgotten.  My son who has Aspergers and attention deficit issues cant grasp algebraic equations at all, and all the new terms like intergers, rational and irrational numbers, exponents, graphing inequalities, and the rest just leaves him feeling hopeless and left behind. You may as well be speaking Chinese to him.  He was  trying to complete a math test last Friday and it left him with a bad migraine and he got physically sick to his stomach when he got home. He told me none of made sense to him.

The problem with today's school, is that they assume that all kids want to go to college without realizing that
1. Not all kids are college material
2. Not every kid wants to go to college.
“If he will lie to or mislead his wife and daughter, those with whom he is most intimate, what will prevent him from doing the same to the American public? Private conduct does have public consequences.”
Franklin Graham

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 01:01:10 PM »
yet I bet common core teaching kids the lies about how America is evil and government must be obeyed at all times is getting to each and every child.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf