Author Topic: Obama Pardons Turkeys…Then They Die  (Read 664 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Obama Pardons Turkeys…Then They Die
« on: November 24, 2013, 02:53:27 am »
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/23/failure-continues-to-stalk-obama-every-turkey-he-has-pardoned-on-thanksgiving-has-died/

Failure Continues To Stalk Obama: Every Turkey He Has Pardoned On Thanksgiving Has Died…

That’s our Obama.

Via ABC News:

They may have avoided the Thanksgiving dinner table, but it turns out the turkeys pardoned by President Obama haven’t been so lucky after all.

Last year, the president ceremoniously spared Cobbler and his alternate Gobbler, two 40-pound birds from Rockingham Country, Va., sending them off to live a charmed life on a sprawling historic estate.

“From here these two lucky birds will be swept up in a whirlwind of fame and fortune that will ultimately lead them to Mount Vernon, where they will spend their twilight years in the storied home of George Washington,” Obama said at last year’s ceremony.

But their freedom was short lived.

Cobbler, who, according to the White House, loved cranberries and the musical stylings of Carly Simon, was reportedly euthanized in August. And Gobbler, described as “a patient but proud bird,” passed suddenly in February.

In fact, all eight of the birds pardoned by Obama have reportedly moved on to greener pastures.

ZIP | November 23, 2013 8:48 pm
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Obama Pardons Turkeys…Then They Die
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 07:16:21 am »
You-oo-ve got the magic touch
 You make me glow so much
 It casts a spell, it rings a bell
 The magic touch

Oh-uh-oh when I feel your charm
 It's like a fourth alarm
 You make me thrill so much
 You've got the magic touch

They may have avoided the Thanksgiving dinner table, but it turns out the turkeys pardoned by President Obama haven’t been so lucky after all.

Last year, the president ceremoniously spared Cobbler and his alternate Gobbler, two 40-pound birds from Rockingham Country, Va., sending them off to live a charmed life on a sprawling historic estate.

“From here these two lucky birds will be swept up in a whirlwind of fame and fortune that will ultimately lead them to Mount Vernon, where they will spend their twilight years in the storied home of George Washington,” Obama said at last year’s ceremony.

But their freedom was short lived.

Cobbler, who, according to the White House, loved cranberries and the musical stylings of Carly Simon, was reportedly euthanized in August. And Gobbler, described as “a patient but proud bird,” passed suddenly in February.

In fact, all eight of the birds pardoned by Obama have reportedly moved on to greener pastures.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/11/obama-pardons-turkeys-then-they-die/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 04:23:50 pm »
Why did that make me giggle? It shouldn't have.

Turkeys are not meant to reach 40lbs. No surprise they don't live too long as a natural lifespan.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 04:43:57 pm »
Why did that make me giggle? It shouldn't have.

Turkeys are not meant to reach 40lbs. No surprise they don't live too long as a natural lifespan.

They're just big boned.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 08:21:44 pm »
The turkeys are experiencing what anyone over 65 60 will encounter under Obamacare.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org