Author Topic: Breaking News: Obama to speak on Iran nuclear deal at 10:15 p.m. ET  (Read 7017 times)

Offline mountaineer

Re: Breaking News: Obama to speak on Iran nuclear deal at 10:15 p.m. ET
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2013, 01:43:03 pm »
Why am I reminded of the Larry Norman song:
Life was filled with guns and war
and everyone got trampled on the floor.
I wish we'd all been ready ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2013, 02:36:37 pm »
I'm a lot calmer this morning than I was during this speech last night, and I can't get over how surreal Obama looked last night when he delivered it.  He was obviously on the teleprompter, and kept shifting his stance from side to side and never looked directly into the camera.  Anyone who knows anything about body language will have lots to say about someone who refuses to make eye contact with you when speaking.

This looked like a campaign speech, and there could have been nobody in that room at the White House except whatever news staff was invited in to broadcast it.  Any other President in my memory would have (and should have) used the Oval Office to personally address the American People, and would have looked them in the eye by addressing the camera as if he were talking to them personally.

Obama's detachment and uber ego made this all about him.  He put himself up on display for the masses to admire, and he kept switching his pose from side to side, and I could not help but think of the many old Soviet portraits of Lenin and Stalin, gazing off into a far, bright future.  Obama simply could not resist spiking the football on this last night even though it is clear this morning that the "agreement" is in no way favorable to the United States, and even the French think Obama has screwed the world by agreeing to this. 

Who would have ever believed that the Cheese-eating surrender monkeys would turn out to be the hard-asses??

Offline olde north church

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2013, 03:04:22 pm »
I'm a lot calmer this morning than I was during this speech last night, and I can't get over how surreal Obama looked last night when he delivered it.  He was obviously on the teleprompter, and kept shifting his stance from side to side and never looked directly into the camera.  Anyone who knows anything about body language will have lots to say about someone who refuses to make eye contact with you when speaking.

This looked like a campaign speech, and there could have been nobody in that room at the White House except whatever news staff was invited in to broadcast it.  Any other President in my memory would have (and should have) used the Oval Office to personally address the American People, and would have looked them in the eye by addressing the camera as if he were talking to them personally.

Obama's detachment and uber ego made this all about him.  He put himself up on display for the masses to admire, and he kept switching his pose from side to side, and I could not help but think of the many old Soviet portraits of Lenin and Stalin, gazing off into a far, bright future.  Obama simply could not resist spiking the football on this last night even though it is clear this morning that the "agreement" is in no way favorable to the United States, and even the French think Obama has screwed the world by agreeing to this. 

Who would have ever believed that the Cheese-eating surrender monkeys would turn out to be the hard-asses??

Hypnotic drugs will bring that effect about.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #78 on: November 24, 2013, 03:14:21 pm »
Israel is on it's own..

We send them billions of dollars every year; they are not on their own.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #79 on: November 24, 2013, 03:25:19 pm »
You mean the "Saudis" that paid for Obama's education?   You mean the "Saudis" that have a king who Obama bowed to, as POTUS?

That "Saudis"??

[/s]

Obama isn't the first president that has been friendly with the Saudis.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 03:28:38 pm by Anomalism »

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #80 on: November 24, 2013, 06:28:37 pm »
We send them billions of dollars every year; they are not on their own.
You are young aren't you?   :banging:

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:54 pm »

Guilty.  ^-^

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2013, 08:52:14 pm »

Yep... I posted during the speech that all he was doing was reading the teleprompter and looking from side to side with zero eye contact... the man is nothing but a flipping hired actor.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2013, 08:53:23 pm »

Not just young, but young and dumb. Dumb because he refuses to actually pay attention and LEARN something.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #84 on: November 24, 2013, 08:55:52 pm »
Yep... I posted during the speech that all he was doing was reading the teleprompter and looking from side to side with zero eye contact... the man is nothing but a flipping hired actor.

No, Rap. Actors take pride in their craft. They will make you care. They will drag you into the story and help you make it your own. Obama is no actor.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2013, 08:58:09 pm »
Not just young, but young and dumb. Dumb because he refuses to actually pay attention and LEARN something.

I've learned a lot here.  :dx1:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2013, 09:00:55 pm »
I've learned a lot here.  :dx1:

Could not prove it from your recent posts.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:05 pm »
Could not prove it from your recent posts.

I'll never be a conservative Republican, ever; it just won't happen. I have learned things, and my views have evolved, but at my core I am still a bleeding heart liberal, and no amount of posting here will change that. I promise that I read and listen to what people here say to me, but that doesn't mean my view will do a 180.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #88 on: November 24, 2013, 09:04:53 pm »
I'll never be a conservative Republican, ever; it just won't happen. I have learned things, and my views have evolved, but at my core I am still a bleeding heart liberal, and no amount of posting here will change that. I promise that I read and listen to what people here say to me, but that doesn't mean my view will do a 180.

As a "bleeding heart liberal" you are in the wrong place.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #89 on: November 24, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »

Why should it? Long as you are willing to listen and think - and explain your own thoughts - what is the problem? Life would be boring as hell if everyone agreed on everything.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #90 on: November 24, 2013, 09:18:34 pm »
Why should it? Long as you are willing to listen and think - and explain your own thoughts - what is the problem? Life would be boring as hell if everyone agreed on everything.

I'm glad you feel that way.  ^-^

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #91 on: November 24, 2013, 11:49:37 pm »

The headline on Daily Caller:

SWIVELHEAD
Obama gives stirring Iran speech to nearly empty room to tout nuke deal with Iran's theocracy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2013, 03:35:37 am »
Now we know why Obama sent Churchill's bust back to England...
... So he could request one of Neville Chamberlain to put in its place!