Author Topic: Israel Seeks Stronger Security Ties with Russia  (Read 601 times)

SPQR

Israel Seeks Stronger Security Ties with Russia
« on: November 23, 2013, 08:43:48 PM »

SPQR

Re: Israel Seeks Stronger Security Ties with Russia
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 09:01:45 PM »
There should ne no stronger ties unless Russia forces Iran's hands to end nuclear program

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 09:40:52 PM »
I think this has a lot to do with Netanyahu facing down Putin, and letting him know that Russia will play ball if they want to keep that fancy naval base of theirs in Tartus, Syria.  Israel isn't stupid and they aren't about to kow-tow to the former Soviets.  Interesting, and worth watching....

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 09:42:40 PM »
I think this has a lot to do with Netanyahu facing down Putin, and letting him know that Russia will play ball if they want to keep that fancy naval base of theirs in Tartus, Syria.  Israel isn't stupid and they aren't about to kow-tow to the former Soviets.  Interesting, and worth watching....

I agree

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 10:33:09 AM »
An interesting strategic ploy. Closer economic ties with the supporters of your enemies, to bring pressure on your enemies to back off.

We were talking the other day about what Israel can do. This was expected.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Right_in_Virginia

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 12:23:38 PM »
  Israel isn't stupid and they aren't about to kow-tow to the former Soviets.  Interesting, and worth watching....

I'm not as convinced as you.  After all the years dealing with Obama and his administration, Jarrett included, all reports are that two weeks ago Netanyahu was "shocked" that a deal with Iran was in play.

I do pray you're right.
"January 20th 2017 will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again."  --  President Donald J. Trump

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 11:11:03 PM »
Vladimir Putin is an opponent of islam and islamist expansion (at least in Russia).

Obama is... well, do I have to say it?

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
Vladimir Putin is an opponent of islam and islamist expansion (at least in Russia).

Obama is... well, do I have to say it?

Putin's interest in the immediate area is the Russian naval base at Tartus, Syria.  That is their only warm water port and is key for resupplying the Russian navy in the Med.  Putin has to play nice with Israel if they hope to keep that naval base.  Russia would be well advised to be a lot more careful about reinforcing their allies, like Bashar al Assad, and giving the Israelis any worries about their internal security.

SPQR

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 01:07:25 AM »
Putin's interest in the immediate area is the Russian naval base at Tartus, Syria.  That is their only warm water port and is key for resupplying the Russian navy in the Med.  Putin has to play nice with Israel if they hope to keep that naval base.  Russia would be well advised to be a lot more careful about reinforcing their allies, like Bashar al Assad, and giving the Israelis any worries about their internal security.

Good Point

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf