Author Topic: Oh My, Obama Enrages Media With A “Screw You” Pic  (Read 643 times)

Offline happyg

Oh My, Obama Enrages Media With A “Screw You” Pic
« on: November 24, 2013, 12:42:04 am »

When I first saw it, I immediately saw the “screw you” in it and said, wow, does he figure that he can get away with that too?

Then I thought, it’s like everything else. He thinks putting this out will show people, “no, there isn’t, wasn’t any problem”. Which was the whole point of the staging of photos to begin with…

Via US News:

Friday’s White House “Photo of the Day” seems fairly innocuous at first glance. President Obama, in the Oval Office, is surrounded by eight photojournalists as he signs a bill into law.

But that particular photo comes courtesy of the White House just one day after 38 news organizations and journalistic institutions, en masse, penned a letter of protest to Press Secretary Jay Carney, asking that the Obama administration stop simply sending out their own photos and allow more access to photographers and videographers.

Some journalists interpreted Friday’s photo as the White House attempting to sweep the issue under the rug, while others figured it a subliminal “screw you.”

“I think given the fact that this picture of them taking pictures was now pushed out, I almost wonder if this wasn’t just a set up?” said Mickey Osterreicher, general counsel for the National Press Photographers Association, who worked on a draft of the letter. “See, we give everybody access, what’s the problem?” he said the White House was trying to say.

Julie Mason, SiriusXM POTUS press pool host and former White House Correspondents’ Association board member, saw Friday’s photo and suggested it was an equivalent to a middle finger, a snub and an eye roll. “All of that, plus a drop of anxiety,” Mason wrote in an email. “Behold how sensitive the White House is to claims they shut the press out.”

BagNewsNotes, a website that analyzes images, was the first to notice Friday’s Oval Office picture and called the White House “incredibly petty” for putting it out, arguing that photojournalists should have been offered the opportunity to capture President Obama doing something personal, instead of another staged photo-op.

Keep reading…
http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/23/oh-my-obama-enrages-media-with-a-screw-you-pic/

Online mountaineer

Re: Oh My, Obama Enrages Media With A “Screw You” Pic
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 01:50:27 am »
it was an equivalent to a middle finger
We know how fond BHO is of that particular gesture.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline collins

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 02:26:04 am »
Sheesh, c'mon, don't they have a shred of self-respect? The way the let this administration treat them is sad to watch. They really need to get off their needs and stand up to this petty bitch Obama.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 02:27:14 am »
Sheesh, c'mon, don't they have a shred of self-respect? The way the let this administration treat them is sad to watch. They really need to get off their needs and stand up to this petty bitch Obama.

I always say - they are liked an abused wife -- keep returning for more abuse thinking you will get a changed husband.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 02:30:18 am »

I wonder if they are even real photographers.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 02:48:15 am »
I wonder if they are even real photographers.

Exactly...nobody trusts a thing this crew puts out any more.  On a separate note, it is supposed to be the job of the White House Communications Director to orchestrate events such as this to prevent alienating the very press they depend on.  Things like this serve to sharply illustrate just how deep the incompetence runs.  And who would want to commit professional hara- kiri by signing on to try and help??