Author Topic: Media Go Insane After Limbaugh Condemns Rape While Talking Filibuster  (Read 1086 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/22/Media-Limbaugh-rape-filibuster

by Ben Shapiro 22 Nov 2013, 4:30 PM PDT

On Friday, Rush Limbaugh discussed Senate Democrats’ decision to destroy the historic filibuster procedure. In explaining to the audience why the filibuster mattered, Limbaugh suggested that the evils of majority rule were supposed to be overcome by the filibuster:

Every now and then, some lunatic in the group proposes to change the rule to allow women to be raped. But they never were able to get six votes for it. There were always the four women voting against it and they always found two guys. Well, the guy that kept proposing that women be raped finally got tired of it, and he was in the majority and he was one that [said], 'You know what? We're going to change the rule. Now all we need is five. And well, 'you can't do that.' 'Yes we are. We're the majority. We're changing the rule.' And then they vote. Can the women be raped? Well, all it would take then is half of the room. You can change the rule to say three. You can change the rule to say three people want it, it's going to happen…When the majority can change the rules there aren’t any.

Naturally, Limbaugh mentioning “rape” sent the left into spasms of apoplexy, with the Huffington Post labeling the comments “hideous.” Media Matters’ Todd Gregory quickly labeled the analogy, “such a perfect encapsulation of rape culture, it should be put in a museum.”

Of course, it is perfectly obvious to any honest and sentient human being that Limbaugh was condemning rape and suggesting the danger that a pure majority rule could be compatible with violation of our most basic rights. But that won’t stop the leftist media’s attempts to destroy Limbaugh by ignoring the content and context of his statements, even as they protect MSNBC host Martin Bashir for stating openly that someone should “p*ss” and “s***” in Sarah Palin’s mouth.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Re: Media Go Insane After Limbaugh Condemns Rape While Talking Filibuster
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2013, 02:16:12 am »
It is an apt analogy

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2013, 02:47:18 am »
So which sponsor will cave first this time?  You know the left is already hitting them hard on Bookface, Twitter, and e-mail.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2013, 03:02:03 am »
It is an apt analogy

It may be, but Rush has a nasty habit of choosing analogies or descriptors that are negative to women. 

Could he not have chosen food or something else? 

He was off today.  Sounded as if he's fighting a cold or something, but still........he's his own worst enemy.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2013, 03:04:04 am »
It may be, but Rush has a nasty habit of choosing analogies or descriptors that are negative to women. 

Oh, come on.  You're kidding, right?   :silly: :silly:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 03:08:52 am »
Oh, come on.  You're kidding, right?   :silly: :silly:

No I'm not.  But, then, I don't expect you to agree with me.  Did you listen to his show?  He was not himself today.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 03:13:06 am »
No I'm not.  But, then, I don't expect you to agree with me.  Did you listen to his show?  He was not himself today.

I submit it's perfect.

Lady Liberty was raped on Thursday.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 03:19:52 am »
I submit it's perfect.

I love ya like a brother, DC, but that's baloney.

A Republican Senate is DYING to use this rule change with a Republican President. And we should.

Offline ABX

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 03:20:02 am »
I submit it's perfect.

The funny part is this is another media tweak. He is just using an analogy several Dems and media folks have used lately. For example, Bill Moyers recently compared opposition to Obamacare like being a rapist.

Offline ABX

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 03:26:16 am »
...speaking of which, I seem to recall that some Democrats used almost the exact same analogy when the roles were reversed during the Alito nomination. I would not be surprised if it is a verbatim from someone like Harry Reid. Time to do some digging in the archives.