Author Topic: Senator: Sports Stadiums 'at Risk from...Sea-Level Rise Effects of Climate Change'  (Read 770 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

Ok, now it's getting serious. The skepticism must end and action must be taken before every sports stadium in the land is 6 feet under water and Rhode Island tips over into the sea.

Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI) warns sports stadiums are at risk from the "sea level rise effects of climate change," and that climate change specifically threatens hockey and skiing.

We see significant sports facilities, the palaces of - of sport that are at risk from the storm, climate, sea-level rise effects of climate change," Sen. Whitehouse said today following a closed-door climate discussion with executives from the NFL, NHL and NBL.

He said the threat to hockey is that people will no longer be able to play outdoors on frozen ponds:

"Without cold enough weather for frozen ponds, the kind of hockey that you play out of doors with your friends gets a little bit harder to achieve."

Whitehouse also suggested climate change will prevent his family from continuing to go skiing in Rhode Island:
[which would be a tragedy beyond measure]

"I took my kids skiing at Yawgoo Valley ski slopes in Rhode Island. The New York Times recently reported that we can expect all the ski slopes in Connecticut and Massachusetts to be gone.

Obviously, given Rhode Island's location, if that's true of Connecticut and Massachusetts, that will also be unfortunately true of Rhode Island.

C'mon you Deniers, wake up. Do you really want to prevent Whitehouse from going skiing with his kids?

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/sean-long/senator-sports-stadiums-risk-fromsea-level-rise-effects-climate-change
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

Me thinks the ones in Denver is not at risk............................

:king:
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 10:08:13 pm by flowers »

Offline mountaineer

He said the threat to hockey is that people will no longer be able to play outdoors on frozen ponds:

"Without cold enough weather for frozen ponds, the kind of hockey that you play out of doors with your friends gets a little bit harder to achieve."
It's the end of the world as we know it.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online NavyCanDo

Me thinks the ones in Denver is not at risk............................

:king:

That may be their one chance at breaking their 13 year Super Bow drought.   Seattle's Century Link Field under water putting the Seahawks out of commission. New Orleans - do I even need to mention how close to sea level they are. And the Patriots? - New England would be New York's beach front.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Carling

Meanwhile, out here in the West, ski resorts are opening before Thanksgiving due to large amounts of early snowfall. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
So if the Island of Guam had a Sports Stadium, would it improve the chances of capsizing the island or reduce it??

:pondering: