Author Topic: President Obama: My safety is ‘not something I think about’  (Read 1646 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
President Obama: My safety is ‘not something I think about’
« on: November 22, 2013, 09:15:15 pm »
http://dyn.politico.com/printstory.cfm?uuid=479E2F03-C95A-4A97-800B-4C293747199F

President Obama: My safety is ‘not something I think about’
By: Jennifer Epstein
November 22, 2013 02:48 PM EST

President Barack Obama doesn’t spend much time worrying about his personal security, he said Friday, as he reflected on the assassination of President John F. Kennedy half a century ago.

“It’s not something I think about, mainly because we have a Secret Service that does an outstanding job every single day,” he said in an interview ABC News’s Barbara Walters, who was at the White House on Friday to tape her annual end-of-year special featuring the president and first lady.

The Secret Service responded to Kennedy’s death by tightening security, and has continued to do so as new threats have arisen. “Obviously, tragedy reshaped the Secret Service in many ways, but they do an outstanding job and it’s thankfully not something I spend a lot of time worrying about,” Obama added.

The president also spoke about Kennedy’s legacy, telling Walters that the late president “captured the idealism, the ability to imagine and remake America to meets its ideals, in a way we haven’t seen before or since.”

“I don’t know of anyone who has had that same impact on a generation and inspired so many people as JFK has,” he continued. “I think that partly because of his youth, partly, and his grace, partly because of his courage and his history in World War II, partly because of his eloquence and partly because of the time….because there was a shift from the post-World War II generation into the future. He really moved people in a way that still resonates with us today.”

[be careful  :whistle:]
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sinkspur

Re: President Obama: My safety is ‘not something I think about’
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:18:06 pm »
But you don't ride around in a convertible, do you?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline raml

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 10:09:31 pm »
Like hell he doesn't. If there was ever a president that was hated by the right any more than him I certainly haven't heard about him. He certainly has protection so he really is lying once more. I am sure there are far to the right crazies that have thought about doing him in just haven't been able to because of his armed protection. Kennedy need not have died if he had used the see through bubble that day he took chances and lost his life because of it today a president isn't allowed any say like they were back in 1963 which was a big mistake since it cost Kennedy his life.

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 10:14:47 pm »
bs .......................

Online rustynail

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 11:04:14 pm »
Satan does watch after his own.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 11:20:23 pm »
But you don't ride around in a convertible, do you?

Can't make it too easy.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 12:03:11 am »
 :nometalk:  :nometalk:  :nometalk:
Never mind. I have nothing to say on this subject.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 12:08:07 am »
He only needs to worry about Biden's safety......

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2013, 01:02:21 am »
I have several conservative acquaintances who have come out and said that they would rejoice if something similar were to happen to the President.

Such a thought is despicable in my mind, but it just goes to show how much of a disgrace he has made of the country that people openly-- on monitored networks such as Facebook, even-- talk positively of such a heinous act. Of course, if there were more legitimate means of removing him that actually worked, it might not ever have to get this far.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 01:03:43 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 01:19:19 am »
God forbid there is an attempt on him, because that will be all the excuse he needs to declare martial law.

If something did happen, we'd see riots all over the country as his worshipers try to burn it to the ground.

As much as I despise the man, I do not wish any personal harm on him.  That is what Democrats and liberal do.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline collins

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2013, 01:25:25 am »
No, nobody touch him - he will be canonized even with an unsuccessful assassination attempt. What Obama thinks about is Obama.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »
If something did happen, we'd see riots all over the country as his worshipers try to burn it to the ground.
Last night, in the midst of the orgy of JFK assassination coverage, Mr. M said the exact same thing about BHO.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2013, 01:48:16 pm »
Screw the niceties.

I will do the Teaberry Shuffle in front of the White House and put it on YouTube.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline olde north church

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2013, 02:03:57 pm »
That's the difference between the real thing and a poseur.  Hitler would stand up in his touring car.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2013, 02:43:12 pm »
I plead the 5th.

(Lighten up, NSA. It's just a joke)

Love him or hate him, it's important that the president be protected. Because an attack on the President of the United States is an attack on all of us. We are not a Third World tin pot dictatorship where assassination is a common means of political change. This is America and we see to our political differences at the ballot box.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2013, 04:29:32 pm »
I plead the 5th.

(Lighten up, NSA. It's just a joke)

Love him or hate him, it's important that the president be protected. Because an attack on the President of the United States is an attack on all of us. We are not a Third World tin pot dictatorship where assassination is a common means of political change. This is America and we see to our political differences at the ballot box.

:amen:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »
President Obama: My safety is ‘not something I think about

It's pretty easy to think like that when you have a well armed security blanket enveloping you 24/7

Offline aligncare

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2013, 06:28:00 pm »
Yep. Try walking obliviously along Pennsylvania Avenue in Brownsville or East New York, Brooklyn. Guaranteed, thoughts of fight or flight are in the forefront of your mind.

Offline happyg

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2013, 07:22:07 pm »
The worst thing that could happen right now, is to harm the president. All hell would break lose, and we would look like the ME. I don't believe him for a minute. The coward's car is an armored vehicle that nearly nothing, short of a nuke could penetrate. He has more security guards than most presidents had, as well as guarding his administration...Holder and Jarrett.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 07:49:30 pm »
Since with Obama EVERYTHING is always about me, me, me... he was doing nothing more than trying to inject himself into Kennedy getting so much attention this week.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 09:27:47 pm »
President Obama: My safety is ‘not something I think about

It's pretty easy to think like that when you have a well armed security blanket enveloping you 24/7

The heck he doesn't think about it.  Every picture I see of him riding a bike he has a helmet on. :tongue2:

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2013, 11:28:16 pm »

I don't think so. After 48 hrs the focus would shift back to what is going on with the kardashians