Author Topic: BREAKING>>>>...Round 2 of ObamaCare enrollment to be delayed until after 2014 midterms  (Read 1567 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/22/obamacare-enrollment-for-2015-to-reportedly-be-delayed-until-after-midterms/

Round 2 of ObamaCare enrollment to be delayed until after 2014 midterms
Published November 22, 2013FoxNews.com

The Obama administration plans to delay the start of next year's ObamaCare enrollment period, a move pitched as a way to give consumers and insurance companies more time to study their options -- but which also conveniently pushes the second round of enrollment past the 2014 midterm elections.

A Department of Health and Human Services official confirmed the change to Fox News. The decision does not affect those trying to enroll this year, despite the myriad problems with the launch of the law and HealthCare.gov. Rather, it affects those who will sign up late next year for 2015 coverage.

The administration will allow consumers to start signing up on Nov. 15, 2014, as opposed to Oct. 15. Enrollment will last until Jan. 15, 2015, instead of Dec. 7.

An HHS official told Fox News the move will give insurers "the benefit of more time to evaluate their experiences during the 2014 plan year" and let them take into account late-filing customers when setting their 2015 rates.

The official added: "This change is good news for consumers, who will have more time to learn about plans before enrolling and an open enrollment period that's a week longer."

The administration so far has rebuffed calls to delay or extend the current enrollment period beyond March 31, 2014, even as HHS scrambles to repair the flawed HealthCare.gov site and some states struggle with their own exchanges.

But by pushing off next year's enrollment period, the administration conveniently pushes off the possibility of any ObamaCare hiccups until after the midterm elections. Some of the biggest critics of the current rollout have been Democrats up for reelection next year.

Obama recently tried to address some of their concerns by allowing states and insurance companies to re-offer cancelled insurance policies -- a trend which has become a major headache for the administration. Many states, though, are refusing to make any changes to the way they handle those plans.

HHS argued that the delay next year will give consumers more time to educate themselves about the plans, though it would not affect coverage this year.

Fox News' Joy Lin contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 02:22:52 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2511635/How-nakedly-political--Obamacare-year-signups-delayed-2014-election.html

'How nakedly political can you get?': Obamacare year-two signups delayed until after 2014 election

Voters in the insurance exchanges won't know until 11 days after the 2014 election just how much they'll pay for coverage in 2015
    The Treasury department has already delayed implementation of the employer mandate, and its fines, until Election Day has come and gone
    Millions of Americans are receiving private-insurance cancellation letters, with many experiencing sticker-shock when they learn their options
    One poll released Wednesday shows that 48 per cent of taxpayers now want the Obamacare law repealed

By David Martosko, U.s. Political Editor

PUBLISHED: 01:06 EST, 22 November 2013 | UPDATED: 04:56 EST, 22 November 2013

The Obama administration plans to delay by a full month the open enrollment period for Obamacare's second year, in a move that a Republican campaign strategist called 'nakedly political.'

According to Healthcare.gov, the Department of Health and Human Service's official online portal for the Affordable Care Act, enrollment for 2015 is scheduled to begin on October 15, 2014 and end on December 7.

But an HHS official said Thursday that the schedule has been bumped back, beginning on November 15, 2014 and ending on January 15, 2015. That timetable will ensure that the midterm elections come and go before the new year's insurance rates are published.

'Consumers will not see their 2015 premiums until after the midterm elections, instead of immediately before,' an APCO Worldwide Washington, D.C. managing director Mike Tuffin told Bloomberg. 'One doesn’t have to be a conspiracy theorist to divine the motive here.'

The White House attracted widespread scorn in July when the Treasury Department also quietly announced a one-year delay of the Obamacare law's employer mandate, shelving the implementation of its stiffest penalties past the 2014 midterms.

continued at link
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline katzenjammer

To me that seems like some "food for thought" for the crowd breathlessly spouting "It's going to collapse under its own weight!" to consider....

Personally I see them continuing to pump billions of dollars into this thing for as long as they need it as a mechanism to keep destroying the overall economy, ruining the health care industry and infrastructure, and forcing people to become more subject to the control grid.  After that, maybe they'll push it aside as everyone starts to clamor for "single payer."  I could be wrong, but I just don't see it, nor these monsters, going quietly into the night....

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
By any means necessary is the mantra of today's Democrat party and anyone who votes ofr one of them at any level is a FOOL!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Relic

To me that seems like some "food for thought" for the crowd breathlessly spouting "It's going to collapse under its own weight!" to consider....

Personally I see them continuing to pump billions of dollars into this thing for as long as they need it as a mechanism to keep destroying the overall economy, ruining the health care industry and infrastructure, and forcing people to become more subject to the control grid.  After that, maybe they'll push it aside as everyone starts to clamor for "single payer."  I could be wrong, but I just don't see it, nor these monsters, going quietly into the night....

They are monsters, and they have been around forever. They are zealous, and tenacious. They will never give up, they will never stop.

If this latest ploy works, and I strongly suspect it will, then the American people deserve what they get. It's just a shame those of us who see what's going on, and object to it, will be collateral damage.

Offline katzenjammer

They are monsters, and they have been around forever. They are zealous, and tenacious. They will never give up, they will never stop.

If this latest ploy works, and I strongly suspect it will, then the American people deserve what they get. It's just a shame those of us who see what's going on, and object to it, will be collateral damage.

I couldn't agree more..... sadly....

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

I agree completely.  Obama will never admit defeat nor will his dwindling band of supporters, and they will try to push this to the very bitter end.  But while nobody is certain yet what the long term impacts are going to be, a lot of Democrats are reading the teal leaves and see nothing but doom in their future.  There are so many of them that have made multiple videos supporting Obamacare and repeating the lies about keeping coverage, doctors, and saving people $2500 on premiums, there is an almost unlimited supply of ready made campaign videos for anyone seeking to defeat a Dhimmie in 2014. 

But keep in mind that if the Republicans should take back the Senate in 2014, after Harry Reid's little stunt yesterday, it will take only 51 votes to kill Obamacare.  And the Republicans can easily change the rules to make a veto over-ride a simple majority too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

But keep in mind that if the Republicans should take back the Senate in 2014, after Harry Reid's little stunt yesterday, it will take only 51 votes to kill Obamacare.  And the Republicans can easily change the rules to make a veto over-ride a simple majority too.

BZZZZZ!!! Incorrect! The procedure for overriding a presidential veto is laid out in Article 1 section7 of the Constitution and not the rules of either house!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They are so sneaky picking Nov 22nd to release this knowing most news today is focused on JFK...
Support the USO

Offline Rapunzel

This means even more uncertainty in the economy and for businesses in their planning.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776