Author Topic: Man Informed That His Dog Has Successfully Signed Up For Obamacare  (Read 773 times)

SPQR

It’s a real shaggy dog story. While Americans across the country are struggling to sign up for ObamaCare due to problems with the federal health care website, at least one enrollee has successfully gotten covered through a state-run exchange: a Colorado man’s 14-year-old Yorkie.

Fort Collins resident Shane Smith told KDVR he received a letter last week informing his dog,Baxter, that a health insurance account had been opened for the pup through Connect for Health Colorado.

Smith told the station he had to sign up for coverage through the state exchange because his health insurance plan was cancelled under ObamaCare. He isn’t sure how Baxter wound up getting enrolled instead, but he said he did give Baxter’s name as a security question as part of the registration process.

“It was pretty funny. Typical ObamaCare, that they would insure your dog by mistake,” Smith told KDVR.

Smith said when he called Connect for Health Colorado they fixed the problem, but he is still wary of ObamaCare due to all the issues.

“There’s been a lot of headaches that’s come from all of this,” Smith told KDVR.  “All the phone calls. All the nonsense. They ended up giving me good coverage I think, but who knows if they’re going to take it away,” Smith said.

“As long as Baxter’s covered, that’s all the counts,” he joked.

Colorado runs its own health insurance exchange that is separate from the problem-plagued website Healthcare.gov, which is run by the Department of Health and Human Services. A Connect for Health Colorado spokesman told KDVR its system would never make up a name when generating a letter, but it works quickly to resolve the situation when mistakes are made.

http://www.humanevents.com/2013/11/21/man-informed-his-dog-has-successfully-signed-up-for-obamacare/

SPQR

Re: Man Informed That His Dog Has Successfully Signed Up For Obamacare
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:57:13 am »
If its that easy I will sign up my dog.

Online mountaineer

Re: Man Informed That His Dog Has Successfully Signed Up For Obamacare
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 01:42:34 pm »
If its that easy I will sign up my dog.
I wonder if animals under Obammycare also have to worry about death panels.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org