Author Topic: On Further Review, the Shutdown May Have Been a Win  (Read 4181 times)

Offline Relic

Re: On Further Review, the Shutdown May Have Been a Win
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2013, 10:53:05 pm »
If I started calling people here stupid and ignorant they would get offended and I would get banned almost immediately.

Not if they are stupid and ignorant.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2013, 10:58:48 pm »

Now assume both parties are equally corrupt and incompetent, (just for argument sake).

Offline happyg

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2013, 11:04:38 pm »
Not if they are stupid and ignorant.

:silly: But stupid people don't know they are stupid! Good comeback!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2013, 11:10:03 pm »
If I started calling people here stupid and ignorant they would get offended and I would get banned almost immediately.

I have a suggestion. Change your screen name. I think you make valid points. But your name gets in the way of people hearing those points. Don't tell people you're liberal, just make your points. Let them figure it out.

Just my humble opinion.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2013, 11:10:14 pm »

George Carlin was more of a philosopher than a comedian.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2013, 11:11:03 pm »
I have a suggestion. Change your screen name. I think you make valid points. But your name gets in the way of people hearing those points. Don't tell people you're liberal, just make your points. Let them figure it out.

Just my humble opinion.

You're probably right. I honestly made this name for shock value, because I never expected a conservative forum to tolerate my presence for more than 10 minutes.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2013, 11:15:03 pm »
George Bush got trashed on liberal media just like Obama gets trashed on conservative media. Are you seriously trying to tell me Obama doesn't get criticized in the news? He has his supporters just like Bush did, and just like Bush did he has hoards of angry people that spend their days talking about how horrible he is. It is an intentionally unwinnable game of tug of war.

You ARE willfully and woefully ignorant.  How dare you compare the two equally?

The "liberal media" is to the major leagues.....as the "conservative media" is to PeeWee T-ball in terms of reach.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2013, 11:17:26 pm »

The "liberal media" is to the major leagues.....as the "conservative media" is to PeeWee T-ball in terms of reach.

Everybody sees the world through a different pair of eyes. I disagree with you.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 11:22:01 pm »
Everybody sees the world through a different pair of eyes. I disagree with you.

Well...all I will say is that you need to get to the eye doctor pronto. 

Prove I'm wrong.

The conservative media is outnumbered at least 10 to 1.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline aligncare

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2013, 11:25:45 pm »
The broadcast media and local newspapers inform the vast majority of the American public. And they are overwhelmingly liberal in their point of view.

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2013, 11:37:34 pm »
Well...all I will say is that you need to get to the eye doctor pronto. 

Prove I'm wrong.

The conservative media is outnumbered at least 10 to 1.

You're entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Regardless of which bias has more TV stations, I still feel that the influence of left and right wing media is accurately displayed by the way people vote. I think they've done a wonderful job of splitting this country right down the middle. I believe that if the left wing media really had that much more influence than right wing media, the Republicans would be hopelessly outnumbered come election time. However, for the sake of moving past this I will just concede the point and say that regardless of any of this I feel that the mainstream media (the left media AND the right media) is nothing but a propaganda machine used to manipulate people.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 11:40:32 pm by Liberal_Spy »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2013, 11:53:31 pm »
Regardless of which bias has more TV stations, I still feel that the influence of left and right wing media is accurately displayed by the way people vote. I think they've done a wonderful job of splitting this country right down the middle. I believe that if the left wing media really had that much more influence than right wing media, the Republicans would be hopelessly outnumbered come election time. However, for the sake of moving past this I will just concede the point and say that regardless of any of this I feel that the mainstream media (the left media AND the right media) is nothing but a propaganda machine used to manipulate people.

Your argument is idiotic.

It's why I have refused to communicate with you directly on the forum and had voted in the poll that you be asked to leave.

A nice kid perhaps, but a big waste of time.

Toodaloo!    :seeya:

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2013, 12:00:56 am »
Your argument is idiotic.

It's why I have refused to communicate with you directly on the forum and had voted in the poll that you be asked to leave.

A nice kid perhaps, but a big waste of time.

Toodaloo!    :seeya:

I'm sorry you feel that way. For what it's worth I enjoyed the exchanges we had.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2013, 12:12:11 am »
I agree with you, Anomalism.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2013, 12:46:22 am »

Just my humble opinion.

Actually he throws a bunch of bull out there and then when anyone pins him on it we get the "if you don't want me here I'll leave" baloney....  I won't ever post with him because he never - EVER - answers a direct question...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2013, 12:53:41 am »
"if you don't want me here I'll leave"

I've only ever said that or something similar in response to what I felt was excessive aggression on a forum. It was never my intention to disrupt this community or step on any toes. I came to this forum labeled "Liberal_Spy" making absolutely no attempt to hide my political identity. From day one I put it out there that I was here to have discussions with a large body of people that disagrees with me, and that if that wasn't acceptable, I have no problem leaving. At that time more people than not seemed happy to have some opposition to throw opinions back and forth with.

I think some here are just angry that despite their many attempts to change my mind, I am still not a conservative. I listen to the things you say, but sometimes I choose to silently disagree with them. Look how heated some people got towards me for disagreeing with them in this thread. That is what leads me to drop conversations and stop responding to some threads; I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I am not closed off to information you present, and believe it or not, despite not being a conservative, my political views have evolved as a direct result of using this forum.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:55:03 am by Anomalism »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2013, 12:55:01 am »
I've only ever said that or something similar in response to what I felt was excessive aggression on a forum. It was never my intention to disrupt this community or step on any toes. I came to this forum labeled "Liberal_Spy" making absolutely no attempt to hide my political identity. From day one I put it out there that I was here to have discussions with a large body of people that disagrees with me, and that if that wasn't acceptable, I have no problem leaving. At the time more people than not seemed happy to have some opposition to throw opinions back and forth with.

I think some here are just angry that despite their many attempts to change my mind, I am still not a conservative. I listen to the things you say, but sometimes I choose to silently disagree with them. Look how heated some people got towards me for disagreeing with them in this thread. That is what leads me to drop conversations and stop responding to some threads; I'm not trying to piss anybody off. I am not closed off to information you present, and believe it or not, despite not being a conservative, my political views have evolved as a direct result of using this forum.

People only ask that you actually ANSWER their questions if you are going to discuss on a thread...... you duck and dive like Mohammad Ali on everything you post to.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2013, 12:58:09 am »
People only ask that you actually ANSWER their questions if you are going to discuss on a thread...... you duck and dive like Mohammad Ali on everything you post to.

I am sometimes trying to respond to five different people at once depending on how active a topic is. When people reiterate questions they asked that I didn't get to, I DO make an effort to respond to them fairly, but sometimes a subject is just too touchy. As an example I will bring up the abortion thread I was part of. There were people posting there that were getting legitimately upset at me for disagreeing with them and not seeing their point of view, and because of that I chose to not respond to certain posts. Getting people riled up is exactly how I will get banned from this forum, and is exactly what I try to not do. I make an effort to be low impact.

I hope you will change your mind and continue to challenge my views with your own, because you are legitimately one of my favorite posters here.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 01:02:37 am by Anomalism »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2013, 01:35:25 am »
I am sometimes trying to respond to five different people at once depending on how active a topic is.

Do you have any interest in philosophy of politics, like the material I linked regarding "classical liberalism?"

That would seem to me to be of supreme interest and importance to a graduate level student of history.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2013, 01:49:57 am »
Do you have any interest in philosophy of politics, like the material I linked regarding "classical liberalism?"

That would seem to me to be of supreme interest and importance to a graduate level student of history.

I did read the material you linked me from the Rand Paul thread, and it is interesting. I've had a few members here suggest that I read things related to what you linked me.