Author Topic: John Boehner: Immigration work not dead  (Read 477 times)

Offline flowers

John Boehner: Immigration work not dead
« on: November 21, 2013, 09:50:57 pm »
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/11/john-boehner-immigration-100207.html?hp=l1

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) reaffirmed his commitment to enacting immigration reform, a week after the chances of an overhaul appeared dead following his comments that he would not support negotiating with the Senate on its comprehensive bill.

“Is immigration reform dead?” Boehner said to reporters. “Absolutely not.”

Boehner pledged that his chamber was still working on the issue that had long dominated the congressional calendar this year until recently. The speaker noted that he has said since last year’s presidential election that Congress needs to enact immigration reform.

yeah give it to them............Kentucky  has about 50 new citizens all al queda/prez best friends . I was happy when he got to be speaker...that lasted until his first tears. 

Offline flowers

Re: John Boehner: Immigration work not dead
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 09:52:08 pm »
do I need the major bleeding sarc alert when I said 'give it to them'   ?

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: John Boehner: Immigration work not dead
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 05:59:59 am »
Immigration reform is dead this year and probably next year.  Immigration reformers tried very hard but there is no cooperation between the parties.  Doesn't look like things are going to get passed.  The left will portray the GOP as obstructionist Obama haters.  They will convince many LIVs.  That will be outweighed by the LIVs fear of Obamacare.

LIVs ask two questions about a candidate.

1 What will the candidate do for me?  The GOP is offering nothing.
2 What will the candidate do to me?  The rats are forcing Obamacare on them.

Right now the GOP is in an excellent position.  However if the rats can convince LIVs that the rats are offering fixes to the monster Obamacare and the GOP is offering nothing but obstruction then the LIVs may conclude that rats will try to fix something they fear and the GOP hates Obama and wants people to suffer for political gain.

The GOP should offer a fix other than complete repeal.  It doesn't have to pass and it doesn't have to work but it should be offered.  Offer a 1 year delay on penalties for everybody as long as abortions are not covered.  Then blame the rats for not comromising.