Author Topic: When can small businesses enroll in federal Obamacare exchange? CMS won't say  (Read 844 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/news-wire/2013/11/20/when-can-small-businesses-enroll-in.html

by Kent Hoover
November 20, 2013

No senator even asked Cohen about the status of the Small Business Health Options Program, the part of the HealthCare.gov exchange that's supposed to provide small businesses "a new, streamlined way to purchase high-quality health care coverage," in Cohen's words. So I went up to Cohen after the hearing to ask him when SHOP enrollment would start for small businesses.

Gotta go, he said. Check the press office.

I followed Cohen and his entourage out the committee's offices and into the hall of the Russell Building, and told him all I needed was an answer to this one question.

He blew me off again, and kept on walking.

"You can't answer this simple question?" I shouted as he and his minions headed toward the elevator.

This was a frustrating experience. Senators didn't even ask the most fundamental unanswered question about the federal health insurance exchange, and the CMS official sent to the Hill to testify about it wouldn't even take a second to answer it after the hearing. Instead, Gary Cohen, J.D., as his testimony labeled himself, batted me away like I was some kind of insect.

(excerpted)
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024