Author Topic: Politico Writer Shares Gif of Himself Burning American Flag  (Read 896 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Politico Writer Shares Gif of Himself Burning American Flag
« on: November 21, 2013, 12:06:02 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/20/Politico-writer-Tweets-video-of-himself-burning-American-flag

by Matthew Boyle 20 Nov 2013, 3:30 PM PDT

After Breitbart News had reported on Politico magazine writer Ian Murphy’s Twitter meltdown where he said former President Ronald Reagan “bleep Satan in hell,” Murphy tweeted out a gif of himself burning an American flag.

“Some of you folks are unfairly questioning my patriotism,” Murphy tweeted with a link to the animated image. “So here I am on a very typical Tuesday evening.”

Soon after, he riffed on an earlier tweet where he taunted a critic, saying, "Reagan bleep Satan in Hell":

@rapidcraft Correction: Satan bleep Reagan in hell. Reagan's a total demon-bottom. I hear.
    — Ian Murphy (@Ian_Murphy) November 20, 2013

Politico had published a screed from Murphy in its new magazine this week, in which he recounts how he prank-called Wisconsin GOP Gov. Scott Walker pretending to be one of the Koch Brothers. When Politico published Murphy’s reporting, it was lending its media platform to someone who raged against the concept of societal respect for the U.S. military.

In a 2008 piece titled "bleep the Troops," Murphy argued that anecdotal evidence of misbehavior by American soldiers should be universalized to a general disrespect of the military. He specifically complains that in the public's view, "there are only bad apples, never bad orchards." Sprinkled in the text are casual references to service members as rapists, "rubes," and murderers—while describing amputee veterans as having "cool robotic limbs."

Politico has not responded to inquiries from Breitbart News on whether the publication was aware of Murphy's anti-military article before printing his anti-Walker article.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Re: Politico Writer Shares Gif of Himself Burning American Flag
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »
A real he-man. I'm sure he would enjoy it if a few of our military veterans, aka rapists, "rubes," and murderers, happened to greet him to share their opinion of his writings.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Relic

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2013, 02:24:35 pm »
A real he-man. I'm sure he would enjoy it if a few of our military veterans, aka rapists, "rubes," and murderers, happened to greet him to share their opinion of his writings.

The world has indeed passed me by. I am alive, but this isn't my world, I am the proverbial stranger in a strange land.

My initial anger at reading what this moron has to say has morphed into a kind of resigned disgust.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2013, 02:41:42 pm »
An attention bore.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 02:48:33 pm »
If he did that in my presence, even at my advanced age, one of you would have to come and get me out of jail!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 03:10:01 pm »
If he did that in my presence, even at my advanced age, one of you would have to come and get me out of jail!

If he did that in my presence, they'd have to find his drivers license to ID him.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Carling

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 03:52:27 pm »
He looks a little bit like Blutarsky in Animal House, only more sloppy.

"Mr. Blutarsky... zero... point... zero".

« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:54:33 pm by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2013, 03:56:55 pm »

Liberals behaving in their usual depraved manner.

Once you start believing in lies, truth and reality no longer exist...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan