Author Topic: Judge won't allow Holder appeal of contempt case  (Read 661 times)

rangerrebew

Judge won't allow Holder appeal of contempt case
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:49:06 pm »

A federal judge has refused Attorney General Eric Holder’s request that he be allowed to proceed now with an appeal in a case where the House of Representatives is seeking to enforce subpoenas for documents related to the controversial Operation Fast and Furious gun investigation.

In a ruling Monday afternoon, U.S. District Court Judge Amy Berman Jackson said her September 30 ruling rejecting Holder’s request to dismiss the lawsuit was not such a close call that it deserved immediate review from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

“While the Court agrees with defendant’s characterization of the matter as significant, that is not the test,” Jackson wrote in her new four-page decision (posted here). ”

Jackson’s latest ruling means it is likely the Justice Department will have to produce a detailed log of what was withheld from the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and why. Rounds of protracted litigation over the legitimacy of the withholdings seem all but certain, unless the sides come to an agreement which has heretofore eluded them.

Read More:  http://www.politico.com

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2013/11/judge-wont-allow-holder-appeal-contempt-case/#oBLzxRjEQituLOVz.99

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Judge won't allow Holder appeal of contempt case
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 07:35:27 pm »
I will go out on a limb and make an educated guess at what he is refusing to produce.

Any document or communication that would tend to show his involvement in Fast and Furious from day one!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

rangerrebew

Re: Judge won't allow Holder appeal of contempt case
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 09:45:55 pm »
I will go out on a limb and make an educated guess at what he is refusing to produce.

Any document or communication that would tend to show his involvement in Fast and Furious from day one!
He needs to have Sandy Burglar "examine" the files first. :silly: