Author Topic: Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up  (Read 668 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up
« on: November 20, 2013, 12:29:24 PM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Millee

Re: Black leader to Oprah: Put up or shut up
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 12:53:39 PM »
We need to hear more from people like him and less (none) from the Jackson/Sharpton ilk. 

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 01:23:08 PM »
less (none) from the Jackson/Sharpton ilk.

That rules out the entire congressional black caucus.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »
She's been rewarded.  Obama presented her (and Clinton) with a Medal of Freedom Award today.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »
We need to hear more from people like him and less (none) from the Jackson/Sharpton ilk. 

Yep, but we won't because the Liberal MSM makes darn sure the Jesse Lee Petersons of the world receive no attention and any time race arises as an issue the Jackson/Shaprtons are the only voices the masses will be allowed to hear.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline olde north church

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
I used to watch Amos and Andy movies and it was remarkable how much better people lived under a separate but equal world.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 04:32:31 PM »
I used to watch Amos and Andy movies and it was remarkable how much better people lived under a separate but equal world.

In spite of odious discrimination against them, black people still had intact families, religious faith and moral values. Today, thanks to Progressivism, the black family has been destroyed, their faith decimated, and morality reduced to the law of the jungle in far too many black communities. How's that working out?
We are entering revolutionary times. The law is no longer equally applied. The media are the ministry of truth. The Democratic party is a revolutionary force. And it is all getting scary. -VDH

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 04:42:53 PM »
In spite of odious discrimination against them, black people still had intact families, religious faith and moral values. Today, thanks to Progressivism, the black family has been destroyed, their faith decimated, and morality reduced to the law of the jungle in far too many black communities. How's that working out?

I remember when the riots hit Plainfield, NJ and Newark, NJ, even though I was about 6 or 7.  The cities never recovered.  I don't believe any city in the States has.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 04:55:23 PM »
Gee...project much, Oprah?

Good thing for her I'm not running things.

I'd sterilize every person that depends on the government for housing and/or food stamps after 36 months.  And any male that looks at himself as only the sperm donor...impregnating multiple women and disappearing.

So...if you don't want to lose them....go find a friggin' job or "SNIP-SNIP"!

The irony....

Oprah should be honest and look at what a peaceful, respectful society the USA would be if we didn't have African-Americans.  "Period".   

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

I think the worst time to have a heart attack would be during a game of charades.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 05:03:57 PM »
I remember when the riots hit Plainfield, NJ and Newark, NJ, even though I was about 6 or 7.  The cities never recovered.  I don't believe any city in the States has.

Detroit did. :woohoo:
George Washington

Benjamin Franklin

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 07:08:34 PM »

I recount this personal story with some chagrin and more than a bit of embarrassment.

When I was in the Army I was stationed in Korea. One night I was leaving a Quonset hut on base (Camp Kaiser, btw) when I overheard some guys yelling out some negative racial comments about blacks (yeah, I mean yelling; maybe they had been drinking). In any case I yelled back they should knock it off as I was from Los Angeles and we didn't go for that kind of behavior.

The next day the Watts riots broke out.  :silly:
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 09:43:27 PM »
[[ I used to watch Amos and Andy movies and it was remarkable how much better people lived under a separate but equal world. ]]

Let's go back to 1953.
The good and the bad.
No apologies.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf