Author Topic: I finally got a job!  (Read 1614 times)

Offline andy58-in-nh

I finally got a job!
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:07:04 pm »
Just a quick note for the benefit of those of you who have offered some very kind words and encouragement to me over the past few months.

As you may know, I lost my job about five months ago, and was thus forced to dive into the fetid waters of the Obama Job Market.

Yesterday I accepted an offer from a rather well-known financial firm for a position, beginning in January. Not exactly my "dream job", but it is a foot in the door and potentially a gateway to better things. And it will pay the rent and keep the fridge stocked. 

So, thanks to all for your prayers and support.  :seeya:

- Andy
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: I finally got a job!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 04:10:27 pm »
Awesome news!

Congratulations. You know what you must do now ....

Subtly undercut your immediate boss while making yourself indispensable.  :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gqMpZroy8&feature=related

Welcome back!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:12:11 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Liberal_Spy

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 04:10:48 pm »
Congratulations Andy. 

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:05 pm »
Awesome news!

Congratulations. You know what you must do now ....

Subtly undercut your immediate boss while making yourself indispensable.  :smokin:

Ah, yes: It will require great patience and exquisite timing for all of my diabolical schemes to come to fruition...

Bwwwwahahhhhhahhh!!
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »
Hallelujah!!!! Way to go Andy! I know you will do well!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 04:18:14 pm »
So happy for you andy...this news will brighten your holidays!!!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 05:12:57 pm »
Congratulations Andy!  You and your family have been in my prayers, I hope your wife is doing okay.  Good luck with the new job!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 05:20:08 pm »
Way to go, Andy!  Congratulations!   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2013, 05:21:12 pm »
Terrific news Andy. I suspect your new employer will feel like they hit the jackpot in no time. Congrats.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:21:33 pm by Lando Lincoln »
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 07:03:53 pm »
Just a quick note for the benefit of those of you who have offered some very kind words and encouragement to me over the past few months.

As you may know, I lost my job about five months ago, and was thus forced to dive into the fetid waters of the Obama Job Market.

Yesterday I accepted an offer from a rather well-known financial firm for a position, beginning in January. Not exactly my "dream job", but it is a foot in the door and potentially a gateway to better things. And it will pay the rent and keep the fridge stocked. 

So, thanks to all for your prayers and support.  :seeya:

- Andy

Congratulations!!  May God Bless you as you embark on this new path!!

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 07:15:25 pm »
Congratulations Andy!  You and your family have been in my prayers, I hope your wife is doing okay.  Good luck with the new job!

Thanks - she's feeling a bit better these days, and we are both really looking forward to the holidays this year.

I usually find it all a bit depressing, but this year I feel much more as I did when I was young.  I've already moved the seasonal music and video collection into our living room, the better to laugh at Clark W. Griswold falling off his roof, George Bailey counting his blessings, and little Ralph Parker nearly shooting his eye out. 

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 07:53:49 pm »
Thanks - she's feeling a bit better these days, and we are both really looking forward to the holidays this year.

I usually find it all a bit depressing, but this year I feel much more as I did when I was young.  I've already moved the seasonal music and video collection into our living room, the better to laugh at Clark W. Griswold falling off his roof, George Bailey counting his blessings, and little Ralph Parker nearly shooting his eye out.

Good news all the way around, Andy.  They are lucky to have you.  Glad your wife is feeling better, too.

BTW your comments on Christmas - Beck was talking about it this morning on The Blaze and said driving home last night from a choir service in Dallas they were commenting on how many people have put their Christmas lights up early - it almost seems like people want the holiday season to start early this year... or with all the bad news of late we all need something to cheer the country up...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 07:59:57 pm »
Good news all the way around, Andy.  They are lucky to have you.  Glad your wife is feeling better, too.

BTW your comments on Christmas - Beck was talking about it this morning on The Blaze and said driving home last night from a choir service in Dallas they were commenting on how many people have put their Christmas lights up early - it almost seems like people want the holiday season to start early this year... or with all the bad news of late we all need something to cheer the country up...

Thanks. I recall hearing that people did the same thing during the Depression.... Christmas decorations tended to go up a bit early, both in people's homes and in the public square. I expect we'll see a good deal of the former this year, even if the latter has been made illegal by the very sort of people who are driving us to early celebrations...

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »
Thanks. I recall hearing that people did the same thing during the Depression.... Christmas decorations tended to go up a bit early, both in people's homes and in the public square. I expect we'll see a good deal of the former this year, even if the latter has been made illegal by the very sort of people who are driving us to early celebrations...

I had been debating whether I wanted to decorate at all this year, but a few days ago I decided I want to put my lights up this weekend...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline TheMom

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 10:23:20 pm »
Congrats on getting the job!
I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline flowers

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 11:24:16 pm »
Congrats!!!!