Author Topic: WH Hints: You Might Be Losing Your Doctor, Too Daniel Halper  (Read 759 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WH Hints: You Might Be Losing Your Doctor, Too Daniel Halper
« on: November 20, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »
http://www.weeklystandard.com/print/blogs/wh-hints-you-might-be-losing-your-doctor-too_767913.html

WH Hints: You Might Be Losing Your Doctor, Too
Daniel Halper
November 19, 2013 2:32 PM

The White House has admitted that it was wrong to promise that people would be able to their health care plans under Obamacare. "With respect to the pledge I made that if you like your plan you can keep it, I think -- you know, and I’ve said in interviews -- that there is no doubt that the way I put that forward unequivocally ended up not being accurate. It was not because of my intention not to deliver on that commitment and that promise. We put a grandfather clause into the law but it was insufficient," President Obama said at a recent press conference

Now it seems their beginning to backtrack on their pledge that people will be able to keep their doctors, too.

Here's Jay Carney at today's White House press briefing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LA2sfqjuZP4

"The president made clear throughout the effort to pass the Affordable Care Act and throughout the period in which -- that continues to this day -- in which Republicans have sought to repeal it that the vast majority of the American people those who have insurance through their employers, who have insurance through Medicare or Medicaid, will not see a change and that includes to how their plans allow them to get access to difference doctors. The reality of the insurance system that we've seen over the years is that these plans change all the time, so there are limits. If you're building on the private insurance based system that the president is doing, using the model from the Republican governor in Massachusetts, as he did, this is not a government run insurance program," said Carney, clearing his throat after being asked whether Americans would be able to keep their doctors.

He continued: "What is the case is that if you're purchasing insurance in the marketplace you have a variety of options available to you, from less expensive plans to more expensive, more comprehensive plans. And as is the case in insurance markets and networks all over the country, the more comprehensive plans tend to have broader networks. So if you are looking for, if you want coverage from your doctor, a doctor that you've seen in the past, and want that, you can look and see if there's a plan in which that doctor participates in. And that reflects the way that the private insurance system has long worked."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34