Author Topic: 'There's a Rembrandt trapped in this body': George W. Bush presents Jay Leno with the comic's life-like portrait while appearing on The Tonight Show to talk about his life after presidency  (Read 1344 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'There's a Rembrandt trapped in this body':  George W. Bush presents Jay Leno with the comic's life-like portrait while appearing on The Tonight Show to talk about his life after presidency

By Snejana Farberov

PUBLISHED: 02:09 EST, 20 November 2013 | UPDATED: 04:09 EST, 20 November 2013

Former President George W. Bush returned to The Tonight Show with Jay Leno Tuesday night to talk about his life away from the spotlight and bid farewell to his favorite late-night host.

Looking trim in a grey suit and red polka-dot die, a beaming Mr Bush, 67, told Mr Leno, who is being replaced by Jimmy Fallon in February, that he wanted to see him before he heads 'out to pasture.’

Since leaving office in 2009, Mr Bush has kept a low profile and has been reluctant to publicly discuss the policies of his successor, President Barack Obama.

Farewell present: Bush, who has picked up painting as a hobby recently, presented Jay Leno, who will be leaving The Tonight Show in February, with a portrait of him

continued at link
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2510394/George-W-Bush-presents-Jay-Leno-portrait-The-Tonight-Show.html#ixzz2lBpDlCAI
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline happyg

I watched the show. Bush is funny, and matched Leno, joke for joke. It was a good segment. The audience liked Bush, as well.

Offline xfreeper

I watched the show. Bush is funny, and matched Leno, joke for joke. It was a good segment. The audience liked Bush, as well.

just watched the show on hulu. It was good to see Leno treat the Bushs with obvious respect. Maybe some day some class will be restored to the WH with a dignified couple like Pres and Laura Bush

Offline Rapunzel

I really enjoyed it... I missed the outtakes at the end because I was on the phone and my recorder cut off right at the half hour point.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

BTW I found it interesting that Leno went to Dallas to a party at the Bush home for Wounded Warriors... sounded like his wife is working with Laura helping the women in Afghanistan - Mrs. Leno has been involved in trying to help them even before the war.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
BTW I found it interesting that Leno went to Dallas to a party at the Bush home for Wounded Warriors... sounded like his wife is working with Laura helping the women in Afghanistan - Mrs. Leno has been involved in trying to help them even before the war.

The Lenos have been VERY heavily involved in Wounded Warriors since 2005. Check out Comics for Courage for details.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline IZZY ANN

It was good to see Leno treat the Bushs with obvious respect. Maybe some day some class will be restored to the WH with a dignified couple like Pres and Laura Bush

YES, YES, YES, I couldn't agree more.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline katzenjammer

So much more class, character, and personality than the current occupants...