Author Topic: 'Reagan F***s Satan in Hell': Politico's Anti-Troops Writer Digs In on Twitter  (Read 2611 times)

Offline happyg

by Matthew Boyle
Early on Tuesday, Politico magazine reporter Ian Murphy turned to his Twitter account to unleash a series of profanity-laced tweets in response to a story from Breitbart News Executive Chairman Stephen K. Bannon.

Bannon had written a story pointing out how Murphy, from whom Politico published a piece alleging that Gov. Scott Walker was a liar, has previously written nasty things about the United States military, including the headline of a previous article: “bleep the troops.”

“I love how whenever I do something, a bunch of people attack me for a 5 year-old article they haven't read,” Murphy tweeted. “Literally, love it.”

That, and the Breitbart News story from earlier, prompted several people to tweet at Murphy about his previous "bleep the Troops" argument.

He laced his responses to those tweets with the F word, prompting one person to ask him why he had such a “fascination” with it.

“Fascination?” Murphy wrote back. “Not really. It is a great bleep word though.”

The questioner responded to that tweet, saying: “Well, when you can't think of anything else, may as well talk like a teenager.”

“bleep is a rich, versatile word,” Murphy wrote back. “And at least I don't worship ‘teenage' trickle down nonsense. Reagan bleep Satan in hell.”

Then, one self-identified military veteran named Matthew Laas tweeted at him asking him if he would say “bleep the troops” to the “face of any military member” like himself. Murphy responded by asking if he read the article, and Laas said he had. Then Laas tweeted a follow-up to Murphy saying, “hey write what you want, it is a free country, people like my brothers and myself gave you the right to spew your hate.”

Murphy responded by asking in a tweet filled with profanity: “Bullshit. What the bleep have you ever done to protect my free speech?”

Laas responded: “besides fight, bleed, and kill those who would rather cut you throat than look at you, for the past 16 years?”

Murphy tweeted back: “So nothing, is what you're saying. Who'd you kill? People who threatened my free speech. Dude. Come on.”

Laas then responded over two tweets. “It is not about who I would or have killed, it was about who and what I was protecting, and continue to protect,” he said, adding: “military service is not about what is at the end of the barrel, but what is at your back.”

At that point, Murphy retreated from the conversation: “OK! Been a blast engaging with all you lovely, unreasonable, violent people, but I gotta go grocery shopping. TTYL!”

Murphy’s Tweets seem to be the only response from anyone at Politico to the revelations in Bannon’s story earlier Tuesday, as the news outlet has not officially responded in public to it.

Even so, as Bannon noted in his piece, Politico’s use of Murphy’s work in its magazine “seems an odd and risky choice” because the media outlet runs several advertisements from defense contractors in its defense-related policy coverage.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/19/Politico-s-anti-troops-writer-tirades-profanity-all-over-Twitter-in-triple-down-on-attack-on-America-s-military

Offline musiclady

Leftists are wonderful people, aren't they??    **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Oceander

Liberals - ain't they just the nicest folk?

Liberal_Spy

Liberals - ain't they just the nicest folk?

We're not all bad.  ^-^

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, this is simply a person making a conscious decision to brand themselves in a certain light.

Everybody is trying to expand The Daily Show routine....to find a niche...and fill it.

Being outrageous and controversial is actually a spin on Marketing 101
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Liberal_Spy

IMO, this is simply a person making a conscious decision to brand themselves in a certain light.

Everybody is trying to expand The Daily Show routine....to find a niche...and fill it.

Being outrageous and controversial is actually a spin on Marketing 101

Unfortunately for them they will never be as clever as Jon Stewart.

Oceander

We're not all bad.  ^-^

Hmmm.  Prove it.

Liberal_Spy

Hmmm.  Prove it.

How do I prove that?  :pondering:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:07:31 am by Liberal_Spy »

Oceander

How do I prove that?  :pondering:

Well, you're a liberal, and we all have it on very good authority that liberals are the coolest, suavest, hippest, most intelligent people in the whole F***ing universe, to paraphrase Mr. Murphy, so you should be able to figure that one out.

For starters, though, why don't you explain why taking away my health care makes you a good person.  Or, to put it into the framework of your question:  explain why taking away my health care doesn't make you a bad person.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:10:08 am by Oceander »

Liberal_Spy

Well, you're a liberal, and we all have it on very good authority that liberals are the coolest, suavest, hippest, most intelligent people in the whole F***ing universe, to paraphrase Mr. Murphy, so you should be able to figure that one out.

For starters, though, why don't you explain why taking away my health care makes you a good person.  Or, to put it into the framework of your question:  explain why taking away my health care doesn't make you a bad person.

I never supported Obamacare, or even Obama. I'm glad you think I'm cool, though.  :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:12:30 am by Liberal_Spy »

Oceander

I never supported Obamacare, or even Obama. I'm glad you think I'm cool, though.  :laugh:

Ahh.  So you voted for Romney then, did you?  You do, however, display the liberal's annoyingly typical lack of rational, logical thought.  What, pray tell, indicates that I think you're cool?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:15:50 am by Oceander »

Liberal_Spy

Ahh.  So you voted for Romney then, did you?  You do, however, display the liberal's annoyingly typical lack of rational, logical thought. 

No, I didn't vote for Romney either.

What, pray tell, indicates that I think you're cool?

You said you had it on good authority.

Oceander

No, I didn't vote for Romney either.

So you're either a third-party twit, or a thumb-twiddler - a steer or a queer.

You said you had it on good authority.

Fair dinkum.  So, as a cool, hip liberal, what are you doing slumming around with us Repugnicans?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:23:04 am by Oceander »

Liberal_Spy

Fair dinkum.  So, as a cool, hip liberal, what are you doing slumming around with us Repugnicans?

I get banned from liberal sites.

Oceander

Liberal_Spy

Oceander

I wish I was joking.  :laugh:

I didn't take it as a joke

Liberal_Spy

I didn't take it as a joke

I didn't take it as you taking it as a joke.  :tongue2:

Oceander

I didn't take it as you taking it as a joke.  :tongue2:

That was the natural meaning of your statement; or am I going to have to start parsing your statements with the same B.S. filter I have to use on every other liberal?

Liberal_Spy

That was the natural meaning of your statement; or am I going to have to start parsing your statements with the same B.S. filter I have to use on every other liberal?

I can retract my previous statement and say that is what I meant if it will add to my credibility. The mods are going to yell at me if this conversation goes any more off topic.  :silly:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:38:53 am by Liberal_Spy »

Oceander

I can retract my previous statement and say that is what I meant if it will add to my credibility. The mods are going to yell at me if this conversation goes any more off topic.  :silly:

I rather doubt that.

Offline aligncare

Hiya, LS.

I've seen some of your posting so it makes perfect sense to me that you would be banned from liberal websites. Libs are intolerant of anyone who thinks different than they do. Try to have a rational discussion and you get is a visit from the thought police.

Offline aligncare

On topic, I don't go to liberal websites precisely because of the constant use of the F word. If they ever banned the F word on liberal websites there would be nothing but blank pages.

Online rustynail

So, even in Hell Reagan Dominates.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
So, even in Hell Reagan Dominates.

He still lives rent free in their heads!

:silly: :silly: :silly:
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!