Author Topic: Michelle Obama says she thought shorts were OK since 2009 Air Force One trip was vacation  (Read 1121 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/michelle-obama-says-she-thought-shorts-were-ok-since-2009-air-force-one-trip-was-vacation/2013/11/19/c8a67576-516e-11e3-9ee6-2580086d8254_story.html

Oceander Felthauser, File/Associated Press -  FILE- This his Aug. 16, 2009 file photo shows first lady Michelle Obama, wearing shorts, and daughter Malia Obama, walking off Air Force One at Grand Canyon National Park Airport in Tusayan, Ariz. By now, Michelle Obama has firmly established her sartorial right to bare arms. But baring thighs may be another matter. Photographs of the first lady descending the steps of Air Force One in shorts have the media in a sweat. Some are saying Mrs. Obama _ on her way to the Grand Canyon for a family vacation _ may have revealed too much skin.

By Associated Press, Updated: Tuesday, November 19, 5:03 PM
WASHINGTON — Michelle Obama says she won’t wear shorts on Air Force One again because the one time she did, it created “a huge stink.”

Treated worldwide as a style icon, the first lady addressed the issue during a taped appearance broadcast Tuesday on BET’s “106 and Park.”

Mrs. Obama was asked about her biggest fashion regret. She said she’s always happy with her outfits but that, quote, “sometimes I forget I’m the first lady and I’m running around in shorts.”

She recalled her family’s first White House vacation, to the Grand Canyon in August 2009.

Mrs. Obama said her wearing shorts getting off the plane “created a huge stink because people were like, ‘she’s wearing shorts getting off of Air Force One.’”

She said her thought was “we’re on vacation.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yeah....she forgets she is First Lady while flying on AF1....sure, whatever!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline musiclady

Treated worldwide as a style icon

Is that because she dresses like a clown?

(I really don't get that 'style icon' thing at all......)
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

She forgets she's First Lady while enjoying the trappings and perks of the position. Right. Bottom (eek - hate to use "bottom" in relation to the Mooch) line is that she has no class.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

That is the 2nd Michelle story I have read today. So it is right on time.....his polls are at 37% time to bring our Michelle. Next the 2 dogs Bo and I don't know the others name.

By the way my fav photo of this bunch is when they all got of AF1 and all of them look upset, michelle has pants on and you can see her pants in disarray. He looks like a dad who has put up with the family for hours fighting. It is a great photo

Offline flowers

Yeah....she forgets she is First Lady while flying on AF1....sure, whatever!
Whatever is right.  Sure she forgets she is queen. No way. She got grief for those shorts and it still bugs her. Look it was 4 years ago and she is still thinking about it. it must have been a topic for some time in the White House.