Author Topic: First lady rallies on Obamacare: 'There but for the grace of God go I'  (Read 1312 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://washingtonexaminer.com/first-lady-rallies-on-obamacare-there-but-for-the-grace-of-god-go-i/article/2539422

First lady rallies on Obamacare: 'There but for the grace of God go I'
By PAUL BEDARD | NOVEMBER 19, 2013 AT 3:21 PM

The president has dispatched first lady Michelle Obama to rally Democrats around his beleaguered Obamacare which she has boiled down to one religious phrase: “There but for the grade of God go I.”

At a New York City fundraiser for Senate Democrats Monday, the first lady opened with a long defense of Obamacare, suggesting her audience lives by the principle that everyone should have insurance.

“We don’t believe in handouts. We don’t think anyone should get a free ride,” she said Monday afternoon in a speech at the Sheraton Hotel and Towers.

“But we also understand one simple principle — that there but for the grace of God go I; that in the blink of an eye, any of us — any of us — could be faced with a terrible diagnosis. Any of us could be injured in a horrible accident. Any of us could lose the job we count on to support our family — any of us,” she said.

“And when that happens, it shouldn’t mean falling off a cliff. It shouldn’t mean having to go without food, or medicine, or a roof over our heads — not here in the United States of America. Not in the greatest country on the planet. That is not who we are,” Obama added.

She conceded that political fights over the years, including over Obamacare, haven’t been a cakewalk. “I know it hasn’t always been easy. I know that there have been plenty of ups and downs over these years,” she said.

But, she added, the fight to keep Obamacare is something Democrats should join, not quit as it is besieged with problems. “What happened last month reminded us that the folks that we send to Washington make decisions about some very important issues — issues that affect our lives every single day. Will we be able to see a doctor when we’re sick? Will our businesses have what they need to create good jobs? Will our kids have what they need to learn and grow — things like decent nutrition, safe streets, good schools?”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline flowers

Re: First lady rallies on Obamacare: 'There but for the grace of God go I'
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 11:17:58 pm »
The grace of the same God your hubby omitted from his Gettysburg speech this morning Michelle?

Offline happyg

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »
The grace of the same God your hubby omitted from his Gettysburg speech this morning Michelle?

God is a tool for them. To Mooch and Barry, it's god, with a small g.

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 11:34:34 pm »
 There but for the grace of God I could be a multi-billionaire.  So F-ing what? Doesn't excuse your husband and his minions being incompetent fascists.

It is such an empty platitude usually uttered by the empty-headed.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 11:48:10 pm »
yup!

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 12:19:29 am »
that there but for the grace of God go I

Quote from: happyg on Today at 03:25:27 PM

Oh, I am glad you and Flowers clarified her statement. I thought when I first read it she was speaking of her husband and her fortuitous marriage.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 12:22:38 am »
Quote from: happyg on Today at 03:25:27 PM

Oh, I am glad you and Flowers clarified her statement. I thought when I first read it she was speaking of her husband and her fortuitous marriage.
:silly: