Author Topic: Dozens Feared Trapped In Shopping Mall Collapse -DEVELOPING  (Read 309 times)

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
Dozens Feared Trapped In Shopping Mall Collapse -DEVELOPING
« on: November 19, 2013, 11:49:58 AM »
Via Sky News: http://news.sky.com/story/1170843/dozens-feared-trapped-in-shopping-mall-collapse

About 50 people are feared trapped in rubble after a South African shopping centre collapsed, paramedics are reported as saying.

More follows...
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Conspiracy engineer. Low rates.
Re: Dozens Feared Trapped In Shopping Mall Collapse -DEVELOPING
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:02:09 PM »
The Associated Press ‏@AP 13s

Paramedics in South Africa say part of a shopping mall being built has collapsed, trapping up to 50 workers inside: http://apne.ws/1jjAEnv
The fastest way to a man's heart? Inch to the right of the breastbone, between the fourth and fifth rib.

Every time I start to feel boring, I remember there is a monthly magazine devoted to elevators.

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:20:56 PM »
Oh my....that looks terrible.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:57:29 PM »
One person has died and about 50 are feared trapped after a roof collapsed at the construction site of a South African shopping mall, officials say.

Rescue teams are working in the dark are using sniffer dogs to look for survivors beneath the rubble at the site in Tongaat, north of Durban.

About 30 people had been taken to hospital - some with massive traumatic injuries, paramedics say.

Officials said those trapped were construction workers. ...

More at BBC
The skeptic is never for real. There he stands, cocktail in hand, left arm draped languorously on one end of the mantelpiece, telling you that he can't be sure of anything, not even of his own existence. I'll give you my secret method of demolishing universal skepticism in four words. Whisper to him: "Your fly is open." If he thinks knowledge is so all-fired impossible, why does he always look? — James Sire (from, The Universe Next Door)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf