Author Topic: Obama Removes 'God' From Gettysburg Address  (Read 1024 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama Removes 'God' From Gettysburg Address
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:33:05 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/19/Obama-Removes-God-From-Gettysburg-Address

by Larry O'Connor 19 Nov 2013, 7:00 AM PDT post a comment
Washington DC talk show host Chris Plante reported today that Barack Obama omitted the words "under God" from the Gettysburg Address when reciting the great speech for a Ken Burns documentary. 

Burns had filmed all living presidents as well as various Hollywood personalities and luminaries to pay homage to the speech which was delivered by Abraham Lincoln 150 years ago, today.

Plante broke the story on Washington DC talk radio station WMAL on his mid-morning program, "The Chris Plante Show."

WMAL reports:

Curiously enough, in his version of the speech, President Barack Obama's delivery contained an omission - in a line that every other celebrity delivered as "that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom," the President left out the words "under God."

The video of Obama's rendition of the speech can be seen below. It is unlisted (for now) on the Ken Burns YouTube page.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Carling

Re: Obama Removes 'God' From Gettysburg Address
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:36:49 pm »
Obama:  "Now listen here, God.  There's only room for one of us..."
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 06:43:02 pm »
If Barack Obama had delivered the Gettysburg Address:

Four score and seven years ago, a group of exclusively white, privileged, Native-American-killing and often slave-owning land-owners brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in antiquated notions of liberty but what we now know ought to have been the Common Good, and dedicated to the proposition that all men, women, transgendered and hermaphroditic persons are entitled to equal things.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that nation or any nation so conceived and so dedicated, actually deserves to endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war. I have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation, fatally flawed though it may be, might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that I should do this.

But, in a larger sense, I can not dedicate -- I can not consecrate -- I can not hallow -- this ground. The brave persons, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above my current power to add or detract. For that reason, I have issued Executive Order 1863-005, providing for an additional and long-needed Presidential consecration authority.

The world will little note, nor long remember what I say here, but that’s only because video has not yet been invented, and I can see that the press corps is already getting bored. It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which I have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for me, to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us -- that from these honored corpse-men, I take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion -- that I here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain – so that this nation, under me shall have a new birth of transformative social justice -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth. At least not on my watch.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 07:10:37 pm »
To save others from having to look it up - here is how that line was supposed to be read.

-- that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom -- and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:19:02 pm »
How many times has he done this now?    He either truly has the spirit of anti-Christ in him and refuses to acknowledge the God of the Christians and the Jews publically , or he is that stupid and just reads what his speech writers give him even when they are  messing it up on purpose just to push the Rights buttons so they can get their jollies.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:21:24 pm »
How many times has he done this now?    He either truly has the spirit of anti-Christ in him and refuses to acknowledge the God of the Christians and the Jews publically , or he is that stupid and just reads what his speech writers give him even when they are  messing it up on purpose just to push the Rights buttons so they can get their jollies.   

I am absolutely convinced that it is no accident.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 07:35:20 pm »
This is no accident.......Look around at this country..this bunch is removing God from anywhere it can on a daily basis.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 07:40:44 pm »
This is no accident.......Look around at this country..this bunch is removing God from anywhere it can on a daily basis.

Perhaps they ought to visit the Supreme Court building, where the Moses and the Ten Commandments are posted on the East side of the structure. Not to mention virtually every memorial in the city, where God's name is carved into stone.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 08:04:48 pm »
Disgraceful.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 08:45:43 pm »
From the Blaze:
... According to a box now on the Ken Burns website learntheaddress.org, Obama was specifically asked to recite one of the other versions of the Gettysburg Address that does not include the phrase “under God.”  But it seems that explanation has been either added in response to the budding controversy or moved so as to appear more prominently. A cached version of the page from Friday afternoon shows no such explanation ...
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org