Author Topic: NBC's David Gregory slams Nancy Pelosi  (Read 886 times)

rangerrebew

NBC's David Gregory slams Nancy Pelosi
« on: November 19, 2013, 02:42:25 pm »
NBC’s David Gregory Slams Nancy Pelosi

By Onan Coca   / 19 November 2013   / 0 Comments   

On Sunday NBC’s David Gregory had Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) on as one of his guests and Gregory wasted no time reminding the California representative of one of her more famous flubs. “We have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.” Gregory wanted to know if perhaps this was part of the reason for the current failures of Obamacare?

David Gregory: “Isn’t that really the problem, as you look back on it? That there was such a rush to get this done—no Republicans voting for it—and now there are unintended effects of this that were foreseen at the time, that you couldn’t know the impact of, and that now this is coming home to roost?”

Nancy Pelosi: “I stand by what I said there: when people see what’s in the bill, they will like it, and they will. It took a great deal for us to pass the bill. I said, if we go up to the gate and the gate is locked, we’ll unlock the gate. If we can’t do that we’ll climb the fence. If the fence is too high, we’ll pole vault in. We had to pass the test of the courts, and we did… This was never thought to be easy. It doesn’t matter what we’re saying here. What matters is what happens at the kitchen table of the American people, and how they will more affordability, more accessibility, better quality care, prevention, wellness, and a healthier nation.”

nancyclownAs you can see, Nancy was not going to be apologizing for anything on this trip to daytime broadcast news. She really took a couple of minutes to say nothing; most of her talk was simple blather meant to convey that she believed in Obamacare and wasn’t sorry for what she said. But if you read her words you realize that she really didn’t say anything at all.

Gregory’s original premise that the Democrats rushed this bill through and sought no input from Republicans is valid, and it’s why Pelosi fights so hard to move past it. The Democrat railroaded this thing through Congress before Republicans could stop them and before Americans had a chance to figure out what it really said. It’s why she said, “We have to pass the bill to find out what’s in it.” Democrats had to get this bill passed before anyone could figure out what was in it -- otherwise it wouldn’t have passed.

Would Americans have allowed it if they knew that millions of people would lose their coverage? No.

Would Americans have allowed it if they knew that their healthcare costs would rise exponentially? No.

Would American have allowed it if they knew that millions would lose access to their favorite doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers? No.

The truth is that David Gregory’s question cuts right to the quick of this issue… Democrats lied, cheated and stole their way into passing the most egregious example of government corruption and malfeasance in American history.

If we’d have had time to read it, we would have known what was in it – and we would’ve been able to stop it.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2978/nbcs-david-gregory-slams-nancy-pelosi/#o32kqDwTSgiA5UQk.99

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: NBC's David Gregory slams Nancy Pelosi
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 02:56:41 pm »
These so-called major media clowns are all simply trying to salvage their credibility.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 03:02:38 pm »
These so-called major media clowns are all simply trying to salvage their credibility.

Yep.

But if they had even begun to do their job, this fiasco would never have happened.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Relic

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »

This is NBC, they have zero credibility, and I think they're fine with that. They are so in the tank for Obama, that if the White House told them to report that grass is orange and the sky is brown, NBC would dutifully do so. (I had trouble thinking of something stupid that NBC hasn't already reported for liberals, such as CO2 being a pollutant).

It's also significant. I see it as NBC surveying the landscape and deciding they may want to tack back to the middle a little in anticipation of a Republican resurgence in 2014.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 03:12:54 pm »

It's also significant. I see it as NBC surveying the landscape and deciding they may want to tack back to the middle a little in anticipation of a Republican resurgence in 2014.

.....so that when they attack the GOP consistently like rabid dogs, they can say they did the same to the Democrats.

This is too easy, isn't it?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:32:08 pm »
The Democrats Lied, and your healthcare insurance died.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 03:48:06 pm »

Yeah, by asking the 'hard' question but then letting the politician lie and obfuscate without challenge.

99.9% of people will never pick up on the bait & switch...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 04:45:19 pm »
All the while focusing on the Republican civil war.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.