Author Topic: Morose Obama asks his base for psychological intervention  (Read 1076 times)

rangerrebew

Morose Obama asks his base for psychological intervention
« on: November 19, 2013, 12:03:42 pm »
Morose Obama asks his base for psychological intervention

Posted By Neil Munro On 3:11 AM 11/19/2013 In | No Comments

A downbeat President Barack Obama repeatedly asked his worried supporters Monday night to help resurrect his spirits, following weeks of political disasters and personal humiliations caused by the cascading collapse of Obamacare. The distracted president railed against opponents and at one point appeared to forget the number of people in the Obamacare system during the rambling quarter-hour address.

“My main message is I’m going to need your help, your energy, your faith, your ability to reach out to neighbors, kids and friends [and] co-workers,” he told listeners to the Internet broadcast arranged by his grass-roots group, Organizing for Action.

But his worried followers would also benefit from proselytizing for Obama and Obamacare, Obama suggested.

“I’ve never lost faith in our ability to get this done… you guys have lifted me up, and lifted each other up at every step of the way, and I know you’re going to just keep on doing that,” he said during his 14-minute sermon.

‘We have experienced discouragement and setbacks and naysayers every step of the way, but you know when you’re on the right side of something, then it gives you energy, it gives you motivation,” he said.

“All the people out there who need help, everybody out there who is working hard but just finding that the system kinda feels rigged against him… that’s got to motivate us,” he said.

During his monologue, he made a mistake that illustrates the strain he’s facing while trying to save his Obamacare network.

“In the first month alone, we’ve seen more than 100 million Americans already successfully enroll in the new insurance plans,” he said, inaccurately referring to the 106,000 Americans who managed to pick a health-benefit plan via the cripple website.

The broadcast was audio-only, and conducted after the evening news. That media strategy will likely minimize TV coverage of his speech and despondent mood, while still allowing him to reach his political base.

After past political defeats, including the 2011 budget negotiations, Obama showed reduced energy.

But his drive returned once he got back into campaign mode. During the last stages of the 2012 campaign, he fiercely criticized Republicans in numerous speeches. In one speech, he urged his supporters to “vote — voting is the best revenge.”

Obama views his defense of the failing Obamacare program as a political campaign. “I’ve got one more campaign in me, and that is making this law work,” he told his supporters.

The president’s repeated and frank confessions of need, however, were contradicted by an unsentimental pivot to the surprise issue of judicial nominations.

“So I’m grateful to you, I appreciate you — one last thing, if you don’t mind, before I get off this call,” he said.

“There’s one more issue I want to raise, and it is related because it has to do with the dysfunction in Washington and all you can do to help push and prod our elected Representatives to do the right thing… Senate Republican [are] blocking our judicial nominations, oftentimes for no good reason,” he complained.

On Monday, a united bloc of GOP Senators blocked another Obama nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals in D.C., which reviews the legality and constitutionality of critical laws and regulations.

“This is an issue that may end up getting more attention in the coming days and weeks,” Obama said.

“I want to make sure that everyone on the ground understands its importance… [because D.C. judges] end up having an impact on our lives,” he said.

But he returned to his main theme of resurrection at the very end of the call.

“You guys motivate me, you’re what keeps me going, so let’s go out there and get this done,” he summarized.

Follow Neil on Twitter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article printed from The Daily Caller: http://dailycaller.com

URL to article: http://dailycaller.com/2013/11/19/morose-obama-asks-his-base-for-psychological-intervention/

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Re: Morose Obama asks his base for psychological intervention
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:56:19 pm »
“All the people out there who need help, everybody out there who is working hard but just finding that the system kinda feels rigged against him… "

You mean the Tea Party, Mr. OPapaDoc?

Someone had better tell this self-serving narcissist HE IS THE SYSTEM!

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »
Mr. OPapaDoc?

:thumbsup:  I love it.  It is so totally apropos.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 01:19:08 pm »
“All the people out there who need help, everybody out there who is working hard but just finding that the system kinda feels rigged against him… "

You mean the Tea Party, Mr. OPapaDoc?

Someone had better tell this self-serving narcissist HE IS THE SYSTEM!

Obama is ever Mr. Outsider, a President twice-elected who continues nearly five years on to campaign in lieu of governing, and who in fact uniquely maintains his original campaign organization, since renamed but still in place a year after his final election.

By contrast, Mitt Romney's campaign organization was disbanded the day after the election; perhaps earlier.

Obama's studied pretense of having nothing to do with anything, no responsibility for any failures, nor any substantive knowledge of the same is only made possible by the contrivance of a news media that protects and defends him, even while being treated like house pets, and often not quite that well.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:28:48 pm »
Cocaine and beer, that should chipper him up in no time!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 03:01:48 pm »
Awwww............Obama is depressed?

Brings a tear to my eye.

NOT!!
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.