Author Topic: BEDFORD: One month after the shutdown ended, Lee and Cruz are sitting pretty  (Read 385 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
Cruz and Lee are sitting pretty.  Can they capitalize on their "bold public stand?"
Helping to elect Republicans would go a long way towards their future success.
Some people (that would be me) think their nature is more focused in taking down moderate Republicans, not electing conservative Republicans, but I hope they prove me wrong.
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

Offline happyg

Some people (that would be me) think their nature is more focused in taking down moderate Republicans, not electing conservative Republicans, but I hope they prove me wrong.
I believe the opposite is true. The GOP is reluctant to take conservatives into the fold, and has spoken out against them. There are more conservatives in the GOP, than moderates. Even so, the GOP is taking their votes for granted.  The results that is,  some stayed at home or voted third party.

Their focus is on blacks, Hispanics and Independents, while losing their base. Consider that many Independents were former republicans. They keep harping on a broader base, and that base leans left, which will not pan out. Why can't they see that? Moderates and the right make better bed partners than moderates and the left.

Offline Rapunzel

I believe the opposite is true. The GOP is reluctant to take conservatives into the fold, and has spoken out against them. There are more conservatives in the GOP, than moderates. Even so, the GOP is taking their votes for granted.  The results that is,  some stayed at home or voted third party.

Their focus is on blacks, Hispanics and Independents, while losing their base. Consider that many Independents were former republicans. They keep harping on a broader base, and that base leans left, which will not pan out. Why can't they see that? Moderates and the right make better bed partners than moderates and the left.

Excellent post, happy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf