Author Topic: Sick Joke: Comedians Sarah Silverman, Lizz Winstead Host Telethon for Texas Abortions  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2013/11/18/sarah-silverman-lizz-winstead-host-telethon-tx-abortions

Sick Joke: Comedians Sarah Silverman, Lizz Winstead Host Telethon for Texas Abortions

By Katie Yoder | November 18, 2013

Actresses, comedians, women empowerment, laughter – why it must be an abortion party!

In her latest piece, titled “Hello, Texas? Abortion Rights Calling,” The Daily Beast’s Sally Kohn advertised an telethon to raise money for “abortion services” in Texas, the “land of Wendy Davis and Jane Roe.” The Nov. 18 event boasts big names, including comedians Lizz Winstead and Sarah Silverman as well as NARAL Pro-Choice America. Oh, and hers truly, Sally Kohn.

Kohn publicized the “Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can Choose” telethon to her readers: “Monday night you're invited to laugh and feel powerful” (because that’s what abortion does, right?) to unite “with millions of women across the country who trust women to make their own decisions.”

Texas, she explained, is “ground zero in the abortion fight.” “That saying ‘Don't Mess With Texas’? It has an equally threat-laden flip side: Texas shouldn't mess with women,” she warned.

After lamenting over the 53 “anti-choice laws” recently introduced to states, she turned to Obamacare. “We should all feel appalled by the deep irony that while Republicans are trying to kill the Affordable Care Act based on their criticism that the law forces Americans to have health insurance they may not want, many of the same conservatives are trying to force women to have babies they may not want.” Obamacare, infanticide, what’s the difference?

She continued her rant, “Conservatives accuse liberals of pushing the nanny state, but there is nothing more controlling and paternalistic than restricting the decisions that women, especially low-income women of color, can make with respect to their own bodies.”

“One by one, millions of American women have been standing up and speaking up for comprehensive reproductive justice—yes, including the right to all women have an abortion if they choose,” she advocated. (She mustn’t have seen that only 26% of Americans agree abortion should be legal under any circumstance…)

The Daily Beast has produced MRC fodder before, from proclaiming that to women that in vitro is a ‘f**king good alternative’ to men to advising Americans to cut Weiner some slack for sexting (after all, teens do it all the time).
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Sarah Silverman has never been funny and I've never heard of Lizz Winstead.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

Sarah Silverman has never been funny and I've never heard of Lizz Winstead.

Sally Kohn is the lesbian witch who used to work for Soros and Fox hired to appease him.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Doesn't Sally Kohn also work for FOX, and doesn't she also dress like a man?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

Doesn't Sally Kohn also work for FOX, and doesn't she also dress like a man?

yes and yes

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Rapunzel

FOX I hardly knew ye.

She used to work for Soros and word at the time was they hired her to appease him... not long after they hired her she got mixed up in the Occupy Wallstreet crowd and it seems she has been on less and less of late.

Offline flowers

Silverman isn't a bit funny. Hubby used to watch her short lived sitcom.

Offline Cincinnatus

an telethon to raise money for “abortion services” in Texas, the “land of Wendy Davis and Jane Roe.”

It would appear these people don't even know their history. "Jane Roe" is a woman named Norma McCorvey. Norma has since recognized the ProDeath crowd was using her for their own ends and is now an outstanding witness for the ProLife cause.

Incidentally, Norma never did have that abortion. She delivered the baby and gave it up for adoption.

http://www.endroe.org/roebio.aspx
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline andy58-in-nh

So here we have a collection of women that no self-respecting man would ever care to procreate with, all demanding the right to destroy their own unborn children without consequence, but with pride, and at public expense.

If their mothers had possessed the same inclinations, there would be no need for such an occasion as this, nor anyone to attend it.

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline musiclady

It would appear these people don't even know their history. "Jane Roe" is a woman named Norma McCorvey. Norma has since recognized the ProDeath crowd was using her for their own ends and is now an outstanding witness for the ProLife cause.

Incidentally, Norma never did have that abortion. She delivered the baby and gave it up for adoption.

http://www.endroe.org/roebio.aspx

And she is now very pro-life.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline olde north church

Natasha Lyonne was cute 20 years ago.  Now she's a dried up skank that I wouldn't share a dumpster with.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Carling

Natasha Lyonne was cute 20 years ago.  Now she's a dried up skank that I wouldn't share a dumpster with.

The fact that she's a recovering heroin addict, and generally a very selfish person, doesn't help her current level of attractiveness. 

http://nypost.com/2013/06/23/trainwreck-trailblazer-natasha-lyonnes-new-shot-at-the-spotlight/
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:09:06 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Names like Cone, Kohn, or metallic names like Silver, Gold, or Diamond, are frequently disguised pseudonyms for the name Cohen, or Kohen, which are a priest class in Jewish culture.

The name change is usually indicative of renouncing one's religion or cultural heritage.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.