Author Topic: 911 calls released following Zimmerman domestic disturbance arrest  (Read 1002 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/18/21521590-911-calls-released-following-zimmerman-domestic-disturbance-arrest?lite

911 calls released following Zimmerman domestic disturbance arrest

Seminole County Sheriff's office released the 911 audio of George Zimmerman's girlfriend's phone call to 911 after the two were allegedly involved in an altercation with one another.
By Tom Winter and Daniel Arkin, NBC News

George Zimmerman was arrested and charged in connection with threatening his girlfriend with a gun Monday after Florida authorities responded to a disturbance call at the woman’s home.

Zimmerman has been charged with felony aggravated assault, misdemeanor battery and misdemeanor criminal mischief, Seminole County Sheriff’s Office Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma said during a press conference Monday in Sanford, Fla., hours after Zimmerman was arrested in nearby Apopka, roughly 15 miles northwest of Orlando.

Zimmerman’s girlfriend, Samantha Scheibe, told a 911 operator and deputies that she and Zimmerman were having a “verbal dispute,” and she alleged that he broke a table and pointed a long-barreled shotgun at her, Lemma said.

Both Scheibe and Zimmerman separately called 911 — one from inside the house and one from outside — and police have released audio of the calls.

In Scheibe’s, she can be heard shouting at Zimmerman: “You just broke my glass table, you just broke my sunglasses, and you put your gun in my f------’ face, and told me to get the f--- out!”

She can then be heard pleading with Zimmerman to leave her house, before telling a dispatcher: “He just pushed me out of my house and locked me out!” She also alleged that Zimmerman barricaded the front door with furniture, according to Lemma.

Moments later, she tells a dispatcher: “He knows how to do this. He knows how to play this game.”

The Seminole County Sheriff's office released the 911 audio of George Zimmerman's phone call to 911 after alleged altercation with his girlfriend.

When asked what kind of weapon her boyfriend displayed, Scheibe said it was a “shotgun,” adding that “he has all of his guns inside, both the shotgun and his AR” as well as “two handguns.”

Looking to clarify, the 911 operator asks Scheibe if Zimmerman has an “AR-15 ” — an assault rifle — and she replies, “yeah.”

In the other audio recording, Zimmerman tells a dispatcher: “My girlfriend has, for lack of a better word, gone crazy on me.”

When asked why he’s calling, Zimmerman replies: “I just want everyone to know the truth.”

Zimmerman also denies brandishing any weapon at his girlfriend.

“She's got a 9 millimeter. I have my firearms. She was throwing my stuff out. And in one of the bags was one of my firearms. I never pulled a firearm. I never displayed it. When I was packing it, I'm sure she saw it. I mean, we keep it next to the bed.”

Later in the call, Zimmerman can be heard saying: “I just wanted to leave.” He adds: “She’s pregnant with our child and she told me it was better if we co-parented and she raised the child on her own. That’s fine. I said, ‘Are you sure this is what you want to do?’ She said, ‘Yes.’  As soon as I started to pack up my stuff and leave, she just completely changed…”

The dispatcher asks: “When you said she changed, what did she do?”

Zimmerman replies: “At first she was letting me pack my stuff so that I could go — we could go our own ways amicably. When she changed, she just started smashing stuff, taking stuff that belonged to me, throwing it outside, throwing it out of her room, throwing it all over the house.”

He also disputed the allegation that he broke the table: “She broke a glass table because she threw something on it — I don’t even know if it was mine or hers, whatever it was,” Zimmerman told the 911 dispatcher.

Lemma later said that “the victim has disclosed that she is not pregnant.”

Police also said no one was hurt and nobody else was at the house when sheriff’s deputies arrived. The deputies got inside the house using a key given to them by Scheibe.

Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma of the Seminole County Sheriff's office holds a press conference after George Zimmerman was arrested due to an alleged altercation with his girlfriend.

Zimmerman was unarmed when authorities entered the house, Lemma said, adding that he appeared “rather passive” and “offered no resistance” to the deputies.

The 30-year-old was booked into Seminole County Correctional Facility at 1 p.m. He is scheduled to make an appearance in front of a county judge Tuesday afternoon. The judge is expected to determine what, if any, bond is appropriate.

Zimmerman is currently being held under “no bond status,” Lemma said.

Police are also requesting a search warrant for the home so they can look for weapons — they believe there are at least two weapons in the house, Lemma said.

"Just when you thought you heard the last of George Zimmerman," said neighbor Catherine Cantrell. "I'm in absolute shock. He was never outside. It's not like he was out flaunting around.”

But Monday's arrest was just the latest legal trouble for the former neighborhood watch volunteer, who was acquitted earlier this year of all charges in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Zimmerman and his estranged wife were involved in a domestic dispute in September that attracted police. Police said no charges were filed against either of them because of a lack of evidence.   

That dispute took place just days after Shellie Zimmerman filed divorce papers.

Zimmerman was pulled over for speeding near Dallas in July and again in September in Lake Mary, Fla. He was given a warning on the first incident and issued a $256 ticket for going 60 mph in a 45-mph zone in the latter.

It is not clear if Zimmerman has legal representation. Mark O'Mara represented Zimmerman during his trial but is no longer serving as Zimmerman's attorney, Shawn Vincent, spokesperson for O'Mara Law, told NBC News.

NBC News also reached out to Zimmerman's brother, Robert, but he was not in position to offer comment.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

Re: 911 calls released following Zimmerman domestic disturbance arrest
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 04:06:12 am »
Zimmerman's no hero or role model.  In fact, he seems to be pretty scummy.

Wasn't he married?  Is that all over and now he's already shacked up with some other nutty chick?

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 04:06:41 am »
Sounds like a case of she said, he said, but because the chick is pregnant, they'll take her side.  Zimmerman should have gotten out of this country months ago.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 04:14:00 am »
Sounds like a case of she said, he said, but because the chick is pregnant, they'll take her side.  Zimmerman should have gotten out of this country months ago.

Read the article... turns out she lied and isn't pregnant.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 04:16:07 am »
Read the article... turns out she lied and isn't pregnant.

At the time they said she was, so she lied about that and who knows what else.  She knew that all she had to do was make an accusation and he'd be toast.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 04:18:03 am »
At the time they said she was, so she lied about that and who knows what else.  She knew that all she had to do was make an accusation and he'd be toast.

When you read everything that went down she lied to him about being pregnant and he thought she was.... and IIUC he is the one who told the police she was pregnant and somewhere along the way she has admitted she isn't.      He best stay away from women for a while...

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 04:24:25 am »
When you read everything that went down she lied to him about being pregnant and he thought she was.... and IIUC he is the one who told the police she was pregnant and somewhere along the way she has admitted she isn't.      He best stay away from women for a while...

He clearly isn't a very good judge of character when it comes to women.

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »
Soooooo she lied about being pregnant.  Then everything else she says is suspect. She wants 15 minutes of fame. He needs to get out of FL or stay low.