Author Topic: Breaking: DEMOCRATS to REIMBURSE Insurance Companies Up to 80% on O-Care Losses  (Read 1464 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/11/breaking-democrats-to-reimburse-insurance-companies-up-to-80-on-o-care-losses-video/

Breaking: DEMOCRATS to REIMBURSE Insurance Companies Up to 80% on O-Care Losses (Video)
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, November 18, 2013, 1:56 PM

This must have been one of those backroom deals we heard so much about…
Stuffed inside the Obamacare law passed by Democrats (with no Republican votes) is a provision that will reimburse insurance companies up to 80% of their losses due to Obamacare.

Melissa Francis reported on FOX News:

“Marco Rubio has been out highlighting the fact that there is this ‘risk corridor’ where written into this law that nobody read is this idea that is insurance companies have 3% higher costs than they estimated as a result of who’s in these pools, they can recoup 50% of that money from the government, from you and me. 8% higher than what they estimated, they can recoup 80%!… This bailout of the insurance companies is the next big thing we’ll all be talking about.”

And, here we thought Democrats hated insurance companies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAkXih99fvc

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) is reportedly offering legislation that would repeal the provision altogether, arguing it raises the possibility of an insurance industry “bailout.”
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This was in the original bill, which democrats had to pass, in order to read it.

This is potentially powerful stuff.  Now Obama is breaking another promise, to not increase the deficit.

Bottom line, this bill costs a lot more, and it passed with Obama lying full speed, with his party's full support.

"Obamacare--Costs more, covers less."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
With what money?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
With what money?
The Japanese, Chinese, Indians will be lending the money, which will be repaid by your grandchildren.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

If Obamacare tells insurance companies what they must cover, and they are dependent on external factors (i.e., government websites), I don't have a problem with these companies being indemnified against some of their losses. 

That's especially true now that Obammy's gone back on his original plan and will allow the healthiest to retain old policies that bypass the exchanges.

I know it's cool to hate insurance companies, but how do you manage risk when you don't control the terms you use to set rates?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

Amazing how this lad misses the point:

If Obamacare tells insurance companies what they must cover, and they are dependent on external factors (i.e., government websites), I don't have a problem with these companies being indemnified against some of their losses. 

That's especially true now that Obammy's gone back on his original plan and will allow the healthiest to retain old policies that bypass the exchanges.

I know it's cool to hate insurance companies, but how do you manage risk when you don't control the terms you use to set rates?

But then again, maybe not.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline rustynail

Will their insurance cover the 20%?

Offline Rapunzel

I love how purported "conservatives" are so damned free with the taxpayers money.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline sinkspur

I love how purported "conservatives" are so damned free with the taxpayers money.

Yes they are.  Witness a $500 billion defense budget, loaded with taxpayer largesse to defense contractors.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GourmetDan

Breaking: DEMOCRATS to REIMBURSE Insurance Companies Up to 80% on O-Care Losses (Video)

I hate to say "I told you so, but..."

I see gov't dollars flowing to insurance companies...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Japanese, Chinese, Indians will be lending the money, which will be repaid by your grandchildren.

The thing is the Chinese know this game very well. It is engrained in their history. Emperor Huizong of the Sung Dynasty committed all the mistakes we are now. He spent and spent and spent until the treasury was bankrupt and he had to literally print more money. Their neighbors to the North, the Jurchen watched this and waited. They helped get the Sung and Liao  into wars with each other and once the Sung defeated the Liao but were sufficiently weakened, the Jurchen moved on the Sung.  Long story short, the Jurchen defeated the Sung, looted all of their treasures, and became what we know as the Jin Dynasty.

Watch who China tries to get us into war with. They won't need to fight themselves, just come in to pick up the bankrupt pieces.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 02:22:03 am by AbaraXas »

Offline Cincinnatus

Emperor Huizong of the Sung Dynasty committed all the mistakes we are now. He spent and spent and spent until the treasury was bankrupt and he had to literally print more money.

An even more current example is the Bourbons of France. Louis XIV built Versailles, drew all the nobility there so he could keep his eye on them, and engaged in pointless wars designed to enhance his glory. Louis XV plundered the treasury and also engaged in costly wars. He, Louis XV, recognized the situation for what he was and is said to have famously announced, Après moi, le déluge.

His grandson, Louis XVI, was the one overwhelmed by the deluge. Unable to straighten out the financial mess his predecessors created he had to call on the Estates General for help. They met. That led to the Revolution and the guillotine.

Our own financial affairs are headed in the same direction. Like the Louis we cannot afford to keep spending, spending, spending, borrowing, borrowing, borrowing, printing, printing, printing. We keep it up, it will not end well. It may already be too late.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Oceander

With what money?

That fancy paper stuff the Treasury prints - to paraphrase the old doritos ads:  spend all you want, we'll print more.