Author Topic: Breaking: DEMOCRATS to REIMBURSE Insurance Companies Up to 80% on O-Care Losses  (Read 665 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
This was in the original bill, which democrats had to pass, in order to read it.

This is potentially powerful stuff.  Now Obama is breaking another promise, to not increase the deficit.

Bottom line, this bill costs a lot more, and it passed with Obama lying full speed, with his party's full support.

"Obamacare--Costs more, covers less."
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
With what money?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
With what money?
The Japanese, Chinese, Indians will be lending the money, which will be repaid by your grandchildren.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

If Obamacare tells insurance companies what they must cover, and they are dependent on external factors (i.e., government websites), I don't have a problem with these companies being indemnified against some of their losses. 

That's especially true now that Obammy's gone back on his original plan and will allow the healthiest to retain old policies that bypass the exchanges.

I know it's cool to hate insurance companies, but how do you manage risk when you don't control the terms you use to set rates?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cincinnatus

Amazing how this lad misses the point:

If Obamacare tells insurance companies what they must cover, and they are dependent on external factors (i.e., government websites), I don't have a problem with these companies being indemnified against some of their losses. 

That's especially true now that Obammy's gone back on his original plan and will allow the healthiest to retain old policies that bypass the exchanges.

I know it's cool to hate insurance companies, but how do you manage risk when you don't control the terms you use to set rates?

But then again, maybe not.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline rustynail

Will their insurance cover the 20%?

Offline Rapunzel

I love how purported "conservatives" are so damned free with the taxpayers money.

Offline sinkspur

I love how purported "conservatives" are so damned free with the taxpayers money.

Yes they are.  Witness a $500 billion defense budget, loaded with taxpayer largesse to defense contractors.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline GourmetDan

Breaking: DEMOCRATS to REIMBURSE Insurance Companies Up to 80% on O-Care Losses (Video)

I hate to say "I told you so, but..."

I see gov't dollars flowing to insurance companies...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
The Japanese, Chinese, Indians will be lending the money, which will be repaid by your grandchildren.

The thing is the Chinese know this game very well. It is engrained in their history. Emperor Huizong of the Sung Dynasty committed all the mistakes we are now. He spent and spent and spent until the treasury was bankrupt and he had to literally print more money. Their neighbors to the North, the Jurchen watched this and waited. They helped get the Sung and Liao  into wars with each other and once the Sung defeated the Liao but were sufficiently weakened, the Jurchen moved on the Sung.  Long story short, the Jurchen defeated the Sung, looted all of their treasures, and became what we know as the Jin Dynasty.

Watch who China tries to get us into war with. They won't need to fight themselves, just come in to pick up the bankrupt pieces.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 09:22:03 PM by AbaraXas »

Offline Cincinnatus

We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
With what money?

That fancy paper stuff the Treasury prints - to paraphrase the old doritos ads:  spend all you want, we'll print more.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf