Author Topic: Boy and his dog's nap ritual is your aww-some moment of the day  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Rapunzel

Boy and his dog's nap ritual is your aww-some moment of the day
« on: November 18, 2013, 10:39:07 pm »
http://now.msn.com/jessica-shyba-captures-son-beau-and-puppy-theo-in-daily-nap-ritual

Boy and his dog's nap ritual is your aww-some moment of the day
28 mins ago

Sleep alone? Theo don't do that. The first night the 7-week-old dog joined Jessica Shyba's family, he whined through the night in his crate so she caved and brought him to bed. But that was just the start. On his third day at home, the puppy fell asleep on Shyba's toddler son, Beau, as she rocked him at nap time. And so began what she calls "the most organic and beautiful friendship I have ever witnessed." Theo now meets mother and son every day at nap time, and by the time Beau nods off, Theo is ready to join him for a two-hour snooze. Because as these photos attest, sleep is always better with a buddy. [Source]

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Rapunzel

Re: Boy and his dog's nap ritual is your aww-some moment of the day
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 10:44:10 pm »
My oldest cocker, Daisy, took a nap in a baby playpen every day for her first 18 months of life. I'd put her down at 11 AM and go back in to get her around 2 PM.  She would be sitting there patiently waiting for me to get her up and take her outside to go potty.  I'd turn on the weather channel on the TV for white noice and shut the bedroom door.  At about 18 months one day we put her down and she met me in the kitchen (she'd jumped out of bed run out the bedroom doggie door and in the other doggie door).. put her down again and she repeated... so we said well, she's done with her naps and that was that.  But she has always been the sweetest and calmest dog ever.   We tried with Missie and she wasn't having any of that nap stuff.. just like kids, every dog is different.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:29 pm »
First time I let Boomer my six month old pup sleep on the bed, there were two problems: He was laying across my face, and he was a 60 lb. Chessie. He stll sleeps with his head on my leg, or back to back. He's coming up on nine.  :bighug:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline flowers

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:00:13 am »
My mother told me when I was born we had a Boxer. the dog came up to me as a newborn and licked my face. He never left my side from then on.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:01:21 am by flowers »

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:34 am »
First time I let Boomer my six month old pup sleep on the bed, there were two problems: He was laying across my face, and he was a 60 lb. Chessie. He stll sleeps with his head on my leg, or back to back. He's coming up on nine.  :bighug:

We have six cats and two dogs.  We almost always have at least two or three cats sharing the bed with us, even more on particularly cold nights. The dogs have beds on the floor and so on cold nights we have plenty of body heat in the bedroom. 

888catbed
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline TheMom

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 01:32:09 am »
Cute!

Sick children and puppies . . .

I'm fluent in three languages: English, Sarcasm, and Profanity.

Offline flowers

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 01:50:41 am »
Our dog loves to lay with me on my lazy boy type chair.  He barely fits. When I was sick a few weeks ago it was funny. I was fast asleep and woke up to see he was on his back with his paws in the air snoring on my lap.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 04:44:25 am »
Our dog loves to lay with me on my lazy boy type chair.  He barely fits. When I was sick a few weeks ago it was funny. I was fast asleep and woke up to see he was on his back with his paws in the air snoring on my lap.

My brother told me once that he was having a dream that this cheap blonde floozy-lookin' gal was french-kissing him.  He woke up and his collie was licking/kissing him on his mouth. 

:th_10444:  :silly:  :th_10444:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 04:48:39 am »
My brother told me once that he was having a dream that this cheap blonde floozy-lookin' gal was french-kissing him.  He woke up and his collie was licking/kissing him on his mouth. 

:th_10444:  :silly:  :th_10444:

~LOL~ 

People miss so much if they don't have animals in their life.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 05:04:45 am »
~LOL~ 

People miss so much if they don't have animals in their life.

That's so true.  Like right now - just to post this comment - I had to move a cat off of the keyboard where she keeps falling asleep.     

8888sitting kitty

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 05:06:57 am »
That's so true.  Like right now - just to post this comment - I had to move a cat off of the keyboard where she keeps falling asleep.     

8888sitting kitty

~LOL~ I have two dogs sprawled out on the rug near my desk sound asleep and Daisy is in her bed in the bedroom - she likes comfort to a hard floor these days, but she will wake for a treat when I go to bed, she sits with her nose in the air sniffing as if to say me, me, me....

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 05:17:23 am »
~LOL~ I have two dogs sprawled out on the rug near my desk sound asleep and Daisy is in her bed in the bedroom - she likes comfort to a hard floor these days, but she will wake for a treat when I go to bed, she sits with her nose in the air sniffing as if to say me, me, me....

That's funny, my dog Ginger is getting up in years - when I'm petting her she will glance over to the kitchen where I keep her treats.  I act like I don't notice, so she'll keep looking over there more & more until I say, "Do you want a treat?"  She practically nods her head yes!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 05:26:41 am »
That's funny, my dog Ginger is getting up in years - when I'm petting her she will glance over to the kitchen where I keep her treats.  I act like I don't notice, so she'll keep looking over there more & more until I say, "Do you want a treat?"  She practically nods her head yes!

My girls REFUSE to settle down at bedtime until they each receive a treat.

Offline flowers

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 05:12:05 pm »
My girls REFUSE to settle down at bedtime until they each receive a treat.
Same thing with my dog. He knows he gets a nighttime biscuit. 

Offline TheMom

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 05:32:56 pm »
When Mojo (the tan dog above) still had both of his eyes, he would yap at us, run into the kitchen and stand in front of the fridge.  We think he watched a few episodes of Lassie and was trying to save Timmy.   :whistle:

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 05:36:51 pm »
When Mojo (the tan dog above) still had both of his eyes, he would yap at us, run into the kitchen and stand in front of the fridge.  We think he watched a few episodes of Lassie and was trying to save Timmy.   :whistle:

Since Daisy lost her eyesight and went deaf she never barks at all
  She still finds her way around, though she bounces off a few things when she gets turned around on where she is...

Offline TheMom

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

Since Daisy lost her eyesight and went deaf she never barks at all
  She still finds her way around, though she bounces off a few things when she gets turned around on where she is...

We can now easily tell when Moj is walking around - we hear 'step, step, thunk, step, step, step, thunk . . . "

Two of our dogs are blind.  Kitty went blind gradually and gets around pretty well; Moj was suddenly blinded, it has taken him longer to adapt.

Both of them still bark!