Author Topic: Joan Jett switches from Macy's South Dakota float after ranchers protest  (Read 649 times)

Offline flowers

(CNN) -- Rock star Joan Jett was removed from a parade float representing South Dakota in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade after ranchers protested her appearance, saying she's a vegetarian and a critic of their livestock production.

Jett is a supporter of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, the world's largest animal rights group that promotes a vegetarian diet and condemns factory farms and ranches.

"I've decided to switch from South Dakota to another float because people's political agendas were getting in the way of what should be a purely entertainment driven event," Jett said in a statement Saturday. "I will remain focused on entertaining the millions of people watching, who will be celebrating a great American tradition."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/16/us/joan-jett-macys-parade-float/index.html

should be a purely entertainment driven event,
yep!

I like her music have been a fan for years. My fav story about Joan was when she was on a flight and a lady threw a punch at Joan. Well needless to say they took the lady off the flight and she needed medical attention.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: Joan Jett switches from Macy's South Dakota float after ranchers protest
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 08:14:06 pm »
For a vegetarian, she is slightly over fond of leather. :patriot:

Just kidding, I love her.  :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL5spALs-eA

The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 08:22:35 pm »
That has been a pet peeve of mine for years. Take Pam Anderson she is a PETA suporter. But you can't tell me she doesn't own any high end leather shoes ? Drives a high end car with leather seats. 

I guess they think leathe seats and shoes come from the factory! :whistle:

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 08:33:34 pm »
Uh, Joan, doesn't the Macy's parade celebrate Thanksgiving, a day widely known for the consumption of turkey?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 11:39:03 pm »
Jett did a lot of foxhole sized tours in the Balkans and elsewhere. She was [maybe still is] a big USO supporter, who always asked to get sent out to the boonies.  :patriot:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee