Author Topic: Rapper Kanye West: Obama “Used” Me For My Endorsement Then Threw Me Under The Bus…  (Read 1495 times)

Offline happyg

And he’s surprised by this?

Via Politico:
Kanye West says he’s done trading insults with President Barack Obama.

“I’m not gonna mention him no more, I’m past that,” the rapper said in an interview with Hot 107.9 that aired Monday. “That’s out my thoughts. That’s lowering my priority of thinking at this point.”

West and Obama have been at odds since 2009, when the president called him a “jackass” for his behavior at the MTV Video Music Awards.

Recalling the incident, West said he felt “used” by Obama, whom he’d endorsed for president a year before.

“Oh, you talking about how he use to come and visit me and my mama and tell me that he’s about to run for president?” West said. “I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down and stuff. People was fine with me being everyone’s punching bag for about five years — ‘Man, this is the person we love to hate, so if you want to distract people from everything that’s going on […] just say you hate Kanye and there’s going be 30 other people who say they hate Kanye.’ That was kind of my position in culture so he also used that too — ‘Oh, he’s a jackass’ — because that’s how the world felt.”

http://weaselzippers.us/2013/11/18/rapper-kanye-west-obama-used-me-for-my-endorsement-then-threw-me-under-the-bus/

Oceander

you and about 314 million other people.

Online mountaineer

Maybe soon Jay-Z and Beyonce also will see the light. 
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Millee

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
It's funny......not long ago, Rush Limbaugh claimed that it wouldn't be one of the major scandals that brought down Barack Obama.

He said it would be something like dissing Justin Bieber or Kanye West. :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline flowers

“I just think that we’re pop icons, and the president likes to use that type of thing just to be down and stuff.

Wow Kanye has a clue!

Offline Rapunzel

Maybe soon Jay-Z and Beyonce also will see the light.

Rumors have them headed for splitsville.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Cincinnatus

This may be the saddest topic headline I've read this week, perhaps this year:
Rapper Kanye West: Obama “Used” Me For My Endorsement Then Threw Me Under The Bus…

8888crybaby
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline happyg

This may be the saddest topic headline I've read this week, perhaps this year:
 8888crybaby

:silly: It brought a tear to my eye, as well. :whistle:

Offline flowers

Rumors have them headed for splitsville.
oh really? 

Offline Rapunzel

oh really?

What I read is she is on tour in Australia and he is on tour in Europe and is very upset he didn't tell her he was planning a tour the same time as her tour and she thinks he isn't being a good father....

Now this is from the gossip rags so take with a grain of salt... frankly I never understood what she saw in JayZ in the first place, I always thought she was a pretty decent person and he is a former drug dealer.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

What I read is she is on tour in Australia and he is on tour in Europe and is very upset he didn't tell her he was planning a tour the same time as her tour and she thinks he isn't being a good father....

Now this is from the gossip rags so take with a grain of salt... frankly I never understood what she saw in JayZ in the first place, I always thought she was a pretty decent person and he is a former drug dealer.
JayZ was/is the biggest name in rap at the time they met I think and still is.. I also think she wouldn't be as famous in her music had it not been for being with him. I first saw her perform at a award show on TV. It was her first award. She was good then.  I liked her.

Offline Rapunzel

JayZ was/is the biggest name in rap at the time they met I think and still is.. I also think she wouldn't be as famous in her music had it not been for being with him. I first saw her perform at a award show on TV. It was her first award. She was good then.  I liked her.

I think she was much more likeable back at the start of her career, somewhere along the way - especially since they started schmoozing with the O's she has become not-so-likeable and I was really put off at their attitude toward the hospital when their daughter was born.

Offline flowers

I think she was much more likeable back at the start of her career, somewhere along the way - especially since they started schmoozing with the O's she has become not-so-likeable and I was really put off at their attitude toward the hospital when their daughter was born.
You are right. I can't stand her these days. 

Offline Cincinnatus

Big Obama supporters are they? I have often wondered why his Highness has never spoken out, like Judas, about how this money could have been better spent if given to the poor they all care so much about.

Blue Ivy Carter, the daughter of hip-hop power couple Beyoncé and Jay-Z, just might be the most spoiled baby in the world.

For her first birthday, the little diva received a custom-made diamond-encrusted Barbie, reports the British Sun.

The sparkling doll adorned in 160 gems and white gold reportedly cost $80,000—which is chump change for the hip-hop power couple who are the world’s highest paid celeb couple. Last year, they brought in $78 million.

Blue received her gift at a lavish party with $95,000 worth of pink and white roses and a $2,000 cake. The party favors—which included toys, princess outfits, personalized engraved gold pens, playhouses and jewelry—cost $30,000.

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/01/14/first-birthday-bling-beyonce-and-jay-z-give-daughter-diamond-encrusted-barbie/#2526101=0
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

I don't care how wealthy a person is, spoiling a young child in this manner is terrible thing to do TO the child.

Offline happyg

Big Obama supporters are they? I have often wondered why his Highness has never spoken out, like Judas, about how this money could have been better spent if given to the poor they all care so much about.

http://blog.sfgate.com/sfmoms/2013/01/14/first-birthday-bling-beyonce-and-jay-z-give-daughter-diamond-encrusted-barbie/#2526101=0

That is vulgar rich. I would be embarrassed to live like that under this economic climate.