Author Topic: Hot dog restaurant owner ordered to remove patriotic flags may yet emerge victorious  (Read 872 times)

rangerrebew

‘I’m Not Going to Be Pushed Around Anymore’: Hot Dog Restaurant Owner Ordered to Remove Patriotic Flags May Yet Emerge Victorious

Nov. 17, 2013 10:42pm Dave Urbanski

CJ’s Hot Dogs in McDonough, Ga. adds a little extra flavor to the restaurant, and it’s nowhere to be found on the menu.

You see, co-owner Darren Miller — a retired firefighter whose father served in Vietnam — dedicates the very look of his establishment to police, fire and military. As such the walls of CJ’s are filled with patches from men and women who’ve served America and its communities.

C.J.s Hot Dogs Restaurant Owner Ordered to Remove Patriotic Flags by City May Yet Emerge Victorious
(Image source: Fox News via YouTube)

All well and good for inside his restaurant…but Miller three months ago raised flags for country, state, and every branch of the military above his restaurant.

C.J.s Hot Dogs Restaurant Owner Ordered to Remove Patriotic Flags by City May Yet Emerge Victorious

Well, that earned him a little note from the city, which is about a half hour south of Atlanta, WAGA-TV in Atlanta reported.

Miller was cited Friday for code violations, he told WAGA, and was ordered to take the flags down.

“I’m just floored,” Miller told WAGA. “And I called the guy and asked what they’re for. And he said I’m in violation with my flags flying above my restaurant.”

The flags may not be sitting too well with the city of McDonough, but the city wasn’t sitting too well with veterans who found out about the citation and raised a little ire, to say nothing of Miller’s disgust.

“I’ve had enough of it,” Miller told WAGA. “I’m tired of being pushed around for supporting our local men and women and I’m not going to be pushed around anymore.”

Turns out the city administrator is now telling Miller that the ordinance classifying the flags as signs is too vague and needs a rewrite, WAGA reported, and that he’s asking that the citation be thrown out.

Here’s a report from Fox News via YouTube:

(H/T: Gateway Pundit)
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/17/im-not-going-to-be-pushed-around-anymore-hot-dog-restaurant-owner-ordered-to-remove-patriotic-flags-may-yet-emerge-victorious/
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 11:10:34 am by rangerrebew »

Offline GourmetDan

Sue early, sue often, sue, sue, sue.

It's the only 'language' the libs understand...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

Turns out the city administrator is now telling Miller that the ordinance classifying the flags as signs is too vague and needs a rewrite, WAGA reported, and that he’s asking that the citation be thrown out.

And that's the right thing - the common sense thing - to do.  Hopefully this city administrator's example will encourage a few more government officials to explore the virtues of common sense.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
And that's the right thing - the common sense thing - to do.  Hopefully this city administrator's example will encourage a few more government officials to explore the virtues of common sense.

Today......flags too tall on the roof.

Tomorrow?

Ask the poor schmuck who is trying to run a business next door to this.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Oceander

Today......flags too tall on the roof.

Tomorrow?

Ask the poor schmuck who is trying to run a business next door to this.

??  I'm not sure I understand the aim of the comment.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
??  I'm not sure I understand the aim of the comment.

It had nothing to do with your particular comment.

It had to do with having a little empathy for the people complaining about his display of the flags being flown too high at his establishment.

Homeowners Associations are a necessary evil....so you don't end up with something like the picture posted.

It may be suitable for the boardwalk at Ocean City, Maryland, but not for the corner of 34th street in Manhattan.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald