Author Topic: David Gregory Presses Nancy Pelosi on Obamacare Promise: ‘Are You Accountable For Saying Something That Turned Out Not to be Correct?’  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/17/david-gregory-presses-nancy-pelosi-on-obamacare-promise-are-you-accountable-for-saying-something-that-turned-out-not-to-be-correct/

David Gregory Presses Nancy Pelosi on Obamacare Promise: ‘Are You Accountable For Saying Something That Turned Out Not to be Correct?’

Nov. 17, 2013 11:00am Oliver Darcy

NBC host David Gregory spent nearly three minutes on Sunday grilling House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi over her 2009 promise that Americans who like their health care plan and want to keep it could do so under the Affordable Care Act.

The “Meet the Press” host played for Pelosi a 2009 MSNBC clip showing her promise, “If you like what you have and you want to keep it, you have the choice to do that.”

However, since the Affordable Care Act’s implementation, millions of Americans have lost their former insurance plans due to the landmark law’s regulations.
David Gregory Presses Nancy Pelosi on Obamacare Promise: Are You Accountable For Saying Something That Turned Out Not to be Correct?

Pelosi talks about dropped health care coverage on “Meet the Press.” (Image source: Screen grab via NBC)

“Are you accountable for saying something that turned out not to be correct,” Gregory asked Pelosi.

“Well, it’s not that it’s not correct, it’s that if you want to keep it and … it’s important for the insurance company to say to people, this is what your plan does: It doesn’t prevent you from being discriminated against on the basis of preexisting conditions, lifetime limits, annual limits,” Pelosi answered.

“There is a bottom line to this which I think people understand and the president has acknowledged,” Gregory countered. “If the government has decided there has to be minimum requirements in any health care plan … it doesn’t meet what the government says you have to have, you cannot keep it. That’s not what you said here.”

Pelosi, however, refused to acknowledge this.

“If you had your plan before the enactment of the law in 2010, if you had your plan before, there is nothing in the law that says you have to —,” she said. “But again, we can go back and forth on this.”

�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline musiclady

These people share the same pathology.

They are sick, but also evil.  No values whatsoever.  No honor. No decency.  No shame.

I pray that Obamacare, with all its deceit and ugliness brings them all down.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

They are sick, but also evil.  No values whatsoever.  No honor. No decency.  No shame.

And I happily join you in that prayer!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

At least their leadership - which includes Frau Pelosi - is certainly both sick and evil.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
There is nothing this woman will not say.  Her, Harry Reid and all of their followers.  These people knew from the start exactly what was coming because they designed it.  All of the cancellations are deliberate.  The ultimate goal is so-called "single payer" government health "coverage" and the only way to get there is to destroy the private health insurance market in the US. 

You can go all the way back to the Clinton administration and "Hillary Care" to find the original arguments against this insanity; the Democrats knew full well then what it would take to implement, but the Hildebeest wasn't able to orchestrate it in secret then the way the Democrats did for Obamacare.  The implementation was deliberately put off (along with a great many other things) until after Obama was reelected; but it took lying on multiple levels to do it, and now they cannot hide this stuff any longer.

Oceander

There is nothing this woman will not say.  Her, Harry Reid and all of their followers.  These people knew from the start exactly what was coming because they designed it.  All of the cancellations are deliberate.  The ultimate goal is so-called "single payer" government health "coverage" and the only way to get there is to destroy the private health insurance market in the US. 

You can go all the way back to the Clinton administration and "Hillary Care" to find the original arguments against this insanity; the Democrats knew full well then what it would take to implement, but the Hildebeest wasn't able to orchestrate it in secret then the way the Democrats did for Obamacare.  The implementation was deliberately put off (along with a great many other things) until after Obama was reelected; but it took lying on multiple levels to do it, and now they cannot hide this stuff any longer.

Better said than I could ever say.

Offline olde north church

I don't know, seems like most people are fine with it.  Ain't doin' too much about it.*

* actually the way I talk in real life.  Not Kerryesque, Clintonesque or Obamesque affectation when speaking to "regular folks"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:54:23 pm by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline olde north church

They always make you like they are trying to get down your pants.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

B I N G O ! ! !
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline evadR

:amen:
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
All these Leftists are stark raving mad, and Nancy is the poster child.

I realize that the majority of votes for the likes of Pelosi, McCain, Reid, et al, are primarily based on fraud and scams, but still, there must be some real people voting for them. Who are these people who cannot see that these people are from, not the last generation, or even the generation before that. These guys are from 3, even 4 generations ago.

What qualifies them to stay in office for their entire lifetime, over half a century, except corruption  and greed.  Why would anyone vote for these relics? Some of these guys predate broadcast black and white television, and we expect them to understand a website?

Enough is enough already. Geez!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.