Author Topic:  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Cincinnatus

« on: November 17, 2013, 05:25:16 PM »
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 05:30:23 PM »
Me, too, Dr. Sowell.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »
This is one of Dr. Sowell's more disappointing columns, unless it is intended to be a two parter.

Raises questions, sure. He always does, and questioning is always good. Then he stops. He normally provides at least some suggestions.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline raml

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
I am also glad I am older and that may also be the reason Sowell didn't give any suggestions maybe he is getting tired of not being listened to by the so called leaders of our present times he has something liberals don't have common sense and they refuse to listen to it. As we get older we get tired EC of saying the same things over and over again to deaf ears. I pray there won't be a race war but I am beginning to think there will be some kind of war soon as Obama stirs the pot and causes even more heat to be released. I pray I am not here to see it but I don't think I will be that lucky it is coming sooner rather than later.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:09:58 PM »
This was about "his" thoughts....... therefore no suggestions were needed. He is as fed us as most of us Americans by what our generation is seeing.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:11:57 PM »
This is one of Dr. Sowell's more disappointing columns, unless it is intended to be a two parter.

Raises questions, sure. He always does, and questioning is always good. Then he stops. He normally provides at least some suggestions.

Perhaps, there ARE no answers or suggestions.  That's why he's glad he's getting old.

...works for me too.

Nothing short of concealed carry will stop these savages.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 06:15:07 PM »
Fair enough, my friend.  :laugh:

I'm just at that awkward age - old enough to remember better times yet young enough to deal with a pack of ferals if needed. Sometimes I just want them to bring it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 06:19:29 PM »
Perhaps, there ARE no answers or suggestions.  That's why he's glad he's getting old.

That - I find slightly frightening.

I don't always agree with Dr. Sowell. But he has always raised interesting suggestions and ideas. If he CAN'T think of any ....

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 06:21:11 PM »
Fair enough, my friend.  :laugh:

I'm just at that awkward age - old enough to remember better times yet young enough to deal with a pack of ferals if needed. Sometimes I just want them to bring it.

If we found ourselves in a full-blown race riot that spilled over into the suburbs and not confined to the inner cities....how long do you think things would stay 'hot' until some sense of order was restored?

48 hours?  96 hours?  A full week?  Longer?

I'm afraid too many God-fearing Americans are going to experience what those four (4) Americans felt in Benghazi.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - Iowahawk

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 06:22:35 PM »
If we found ourselves in a full-blown race riot that spilled over into the suburbs and not confined to the inner cities....how long do you think things would stay 'hot' until some sense of order was restored?

48 hours?  96 hours?  A full week?  Longer?

I'm afraid too many God-fearing Americans are going to experience what those four (4) Americans felt in Benghazi.

Plan for a month. Forget about Ramboing it - dig in and hide, or run.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 06:24:09 PM by EC »

Offline olde north church

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »
Yeah, close the windows, open the oven, turn on the gas, insert head.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2013, 07:19:26 PM »
Plan for a month. Forget about Ramboing it - dig in and hide, or run.

I see....LOL!   I thought your remark you'd wish they'd "bring it on", meant that you'd stay and engage.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:05 PM »

Yeah, close the windows, open the oven, turn on the gas, insert head.

:laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2013, 07:26:21 PM »
I see....LOL!   I thought your remark you'd wish they'd "bring it on", meant that you'd stay and engage.

I am careful - not stupid. Whole neighborhood is ready, just in case. We dig in and protect what is ours.

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2013, 09:28:04 PM »
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:31:51 PM by Fishrrman »

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2013, 09:34:58 PM »

Online musiclady

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2013, 10:14:37 PM »
There are days when I actually wish I were older........

As for the discussion............ I'm not sure there are any solutions apart from a deep spiritual revival in America.

The lies have gone on too long.  The race-baiters have been at work for decades and have convinced generations that whites are all evil.  The "War on Poverty" of the left has successfully created a permanent underclass with no purpose in life.

And so, the REAL racism that still exists remains unaddressed as the race pimps create racial hatred because of their false accusations.

I don't think we're going to recover from the damage the left has done.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 10:16:47 PM »
I'm VERY glad I'm getting older! The alternative is not good!

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2013, 10:31:02 PM »
Those of us who are old or older know what has been lost and will never be again no matter who is President, the young will never know what could have been and the takers in this country only care about what is in it for them and they don't care or want to know what was or could have been.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2013, 10:55:24 PM »
Older but wiser.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 01:29:30 AM »
"We grow too soon old, and too late smart"......somebody.

Online musiclady

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:37 AM »
"We grow too soon old, and too late smart"......somebody.

Add the correct accent, and you have a great Pennsylvania Dutch truism.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf