Author Topic: Harvey Weinstein: Obama's Not Embarrassing; The Country Is Embarrassing'  (Read 676 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywood/2013/11/16/Harvey-Weinstein-USA-Embarrassing-Because-of-Second-Amendment

by Tony Lee 17 Nov 2013, 7:55 AM PDT

Hollywood producer and Obama donor Harvey Weinstein said the United States is "embarrassing" because of its adherence to the Second Amendment and lack of universal healthcare.

Appearing on Piers Morgan Tonight Friday, Weinstein said "this is the only the country in the world where we don't have health care. Countries embarrass us around the world."

"And this is the only country in the world where we don't have a gun law. I watched you, you know, talking about that," he said. "You know, quite frankly it's embarrassing. Obama's not embarrassing. The country is embarrassing."

Morgan asked Weinstein during the show's Friday installment "if he could enjoy the work of someone like Chris Christie," the Republican governor of New Jersey.

"I love him," Weinstein said. "I think the guy's fantastic."

Weinstein then said, "as good as Governor Christie is," he could become an "excellent Secretary of State under President [Hillary] Clinton."

Christie is likely to run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016. Should Christie win, his opponent in the general election could be Clinton, for whom Weinstein said he would do "whatever he could."

Also in the interview, Morgan read aloud to Weinstein Robert Redford's comments in which he said some Republicans who opposed Obama during the government shutdown were racist, and he commented that Redford used "pretty strong words" in "accusing Obama's opponents of being racist."

Weinstein replied, "I think some of them are, you know, unfortunately."

"Yeah, I do," Weinstein said of his belief that some Republicans in Congress who oppose Obama are racist. "Because this kind of vitriol is unexplained otherwise. It just looks like utter disdain for the president."

Support the USO

Offline Cincinnatus

Re: Harvey Weinstein: Obama's Not Embarrassing; The Country Is Embarrassing'
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 04:46:34 PM »
Also in the interview, Morgan read aloud to Weinstein Robert Redford's comments in which he said some Republicans who opposed Obama during the government shutdown were racist, and he commented that Redford used "pretty strong words" in "accusing Obama's opponents of being racist."

Weinstein replied, "I think some of them are, you know, unfortunately."

"Yeah, I do," Weinstein said of his belief that some Republicans in Congress who oppose Obama are racist. "Because this kind of vitriol is unexplained otherwise. It just looks like utter disdain for the president."

Desperation sets in as Obama's sycophants like Redford, Winfrey, and now Weinstein fall back on the only thing left to them: allegations of racism.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »
Appearing on Piers Morgan Tonight Friday, Weinstein said "this is the only the country in the world where we don't have health care. Countries embarrass us around the world."

"And this is the only country in the world where we don't have a gun law. I watched you, you know, talking about that," he said. "You know, quite frankly it's embarrassing. Obama's not embarrassing. The country is embarrassing."

Ah, yes.............we have no 'health care'............no doctors, no nurses, no hospitals, no clinics, not a thing.

And we have no gun laws either.  It's a gunfight at the OK Corral every day in every city and town in the country.

If I were Weinstein, I would be 'embarrassed' to be alive..........   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 06:27:29 PM »
the only country in the world where we don't have a gun law.
He's right, we don't have "a gun law." We have hundreds.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 06:31:48 PM »
If he would drive down the road a bit into Century City he would find a major hospital (I had my knee surgery there) and doctor offices just about every direction you look.... as a matter of fact a quick jog up Santa Monica Blvd to Wilshire Blvd and you see high rises with doctor after doctor......  he lives in a virtual medical mecca... and you know darned well he KNOWS it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 06:59:33 PM »
If he would drive down the road a bit into Century City he would find a major hospital (I had my knee surgery there) and doctor offices just about every direction you look.... as a matter of fact a quick jog up Santa Monica Blvd to Wilshire Blvd and you see high rises with doctor after doctor......  he lives in a virtual medical mecca... and you know darned well he KNOWS it.

You'd think he'd be embarrassed to make such a stupid comment (America has no health care?), but he's a leftist, and they know no shame.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

May 3, 2016 - the day the Republican party left ME.  I am now without a Party, and quite possibly without a country.  May God have mercy!

Online aligncare

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:09 PM »
Just curious, I wonder if any of Weinstein's films portray stories where guns figure prominently? Or that glorify gun violence? No, Hollywood films never would do that, nope, never.
NeverTrump wants to deny you YOUR voice, YOUR presidential choice.

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 07:37:17 PM »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 07:40:44 PM »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline olde north church

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 07:15:39 AM »

Speaking of which, you think these people are going to lose their doctors?  They pay cash and never a worry.  This goes back to the point I made several weeks back on the "Michael Jackson's Doctor Thread".  The Weinsteins, Spielbergs or Katzenbergs won't be facing the repercussions of going to a cash accepting doc, it will be the doctor.
The doctor has already been made an example of.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 07:28:20 AM by olde north church »
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online Oceander

• Technical
  • Chief Dork
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 02:01:04 PM »
Schmuck

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf