Author Topic: Did Obama ask Oprah to play the race card? Thomas Lifson  (Read 795 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Did Obama ask Oprah to play the race card? Thomas Lifson
« on: November 17, 2013, 06:52:40 pm »
http://www.americanthinker.com/printpage/?url=http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2013/11/did_obama_ask_oprah_to_play_the_race_card.html

November 17, 2013
Did Obama ask Oprah to play the race card?
Thomas Lifson

We know that President Obama is desperate because he has lost the trust of the American people. A majority, according to some polls, believe he deliberately lied about keeping your insurance and doctor. Once the majority doubt his word, all sorts of other ugly questions start getting raised about other claims he has made - about himself, about the country, about the GOP, really, about everything that has come out of his mouth.

When in crisis, the habitual trump card of race gets played. And who better to play it than Oprah Winfrey, who is loved and trusted, especially by the female demographic that provides Democrats their winning margin. If only men voted, there would be no Democrats in the Oval Office.

So, using the platform of the BBC, Oprah said:

There's a level of disrespect for the office that occurs. And that occurs in some cases and maybe even many cases because he's African American. There's no question about that and it's the kind of thing nobody ever says but everybody's thinking it.

Apparently Oprah Winfrey was asleep during the two terms of George W. Bush, when "disrespect" was the mainstay of the American left, with Hitler moustaches placed on Bush's face, and he was likened to a chimp with great regularity. The "disrespect" shown Obama has taken a long time to appear. Apparently Oprah has forgotten the halo placed around him by the emdia, and the very high levels of support he enjoyed after his first inauguration - in the 70 percent range, for crying out loud. Those numbers have crashed because of Obama's behavior, not because of racism.

Richard Baehr writes to me:

I am convinced that Oprah's it-is-all-racism complaint was made because Obama put her up to it. Besieged on all sides, this is what he has left to give him some breathing room. Charles blow and others were quick to pick up on it

There are scholarly papers -- serious ones -- that suggest that Oprah's support for Obama drove enough white women (her largest fan base) away from Clinton, to get Obama nominated in 2008.  The estimate is one million. The two had the same total popular votes in 2008 -- Clinton a bit  more in primary states, and Obama with more from the caucus states, winning all but Nevada.

Oprah has crossed a line here, and I don't think she will ever recover her popularity with the same number of people who once enjoyed her show, or her flailing cable network. Americans legitimately worried and angry over losing their doctors and their health insurance are not going to take kindly to being called racists.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Re: Did Obama ask Oprah to play the race card? Thomas Lifson
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 07:41:46 pm »
I think Oprah did it to please the Hollywood Academy nominating committee.  She'll sell her soul for an Oscar.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 07:51:22 pm »
Oprah has crossed a line here, and I don't think she will ever recover her popularity with the same number of people who once enjoyed her show, or her flailing cable network.

Martha Stewart went to jail. She seems to be doing just fine. Never underestimate the capacity of the public to forgive entertainers.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 10:08:05 pm »
I think Oprah did it to please the Hollywood Academy nominating committee.  She'll sell her soul for an Oscar.

I think you are correct. This morning I heard the entire tape played on FOX and what hit me in her comments (other than what a load of crap) was how did she explain the things that were said about GWBush - a white man... much more vitriolic than anything aimed at Obama.  Oprah cannot possibly be this stupid because a stupid person could not build the empire she built and is summarily destroying by her outing herself as a racist.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 10:21:51 pm »
The Oprah is cravenly injecting more poison into society/racial relations-- to further her own career.

She already has the world at her feet, yet she wants more.  She is a despicable human being who will get her karma one day.

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 10:27:53 pm »
I wonder what her acceptance speech at the Oscars will be like should be win. Will she show some class and merely thank the Academy, etc., etc., or will she turn the moment into a speech from the racist pulpit?
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 10:29:14 pm »
I wonder what her acceptance speech at the Oscars will be like should be win. Will she show some class and merely thank the Academy, etc., etc., or will she turn the moment into a speech from the racist pulpit?

I suspect you answered your own question.
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline flowers

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 06:42:31 pm »
She did this on her own. 2 reasons  ...she is a racist and the most important one...she wants a Oscar.