Author Topic: Powers: Obama is 'basically just creating chaos' with healthcare fix  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/11/14/powers-slams-obamas-healthcare-fix-basically-just-creating-chaos/?cmpid=cmty_twitter_fn

Powers: Obama is 'basically just creating chaos' with healthcare fix
Published November 14, 2013

Kirsten Powers slammed President Obama on "Special Report with Bret Baier" Thursday, both for the increasingly botched healthcare rollout and for his proposed fix that the president says would allow consumers with cancelled insurance plans to keep their coverage.

"Insurance companies - they were told by the government for the last few years that they were supposed to spend all their time putting together all these plans that were compliant," Powers said. "And they did it, and then the president walks out one day and basically says, 'oh, forget that.' Now we're going to go back and do something completely different? When a lot of people have already switched their plans?"

Before the president had even finished giving press conference to outline his proposal, an insurance trade group, America's Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), released a statement condemning the proposed change, saying, "changing the rules after health plans have already met the requirements of the law could destabilize the market and result in higher premiums for consumers."

"How are the insurance companies going to deal with this issue?" Powers said.  "He [Obama] can't mandate it anyway. He doesn't have the authority, so that's why he didn't mandate it. He's basically, I think, just creating chaos."

Powers also warned Democrats that the President's comments wouldn't provide them any cover with their constituents back home, many of whom have contacted lawmakers to complain about cancelled coverage.

"Suddenly, ObamaCare has been turned into a policy that exists merely to protect people from substandard insurance plans. Have you noticed that? That that's the new talking point? When was that ever the point of this?" Powers asked.  "Now we're being told, people who had insurance that they liked were stupid, and that they had bad plans, and the government needs to come in and rescue them from these plans. And that's a terrible message for the Democrats."
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

rangerrebew

Re: Powers: Obama is 'basically just creating chaos' with healthcare fix
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 01:16:18 pm »
Powers: Obama is 'basically just creating chaos' with healthcare fix

Is not "creating chaos" the goal of Cloward/Piven?  He is doing EXACTLY what he set out to do. :peeonobama:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 01:16:52 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 01:46:28 pm »
We are witnessing Kirsten Powers undergoing predictable ideological transformation from liberal to conservative – the change most people go through as they mature in to thinking, responsible adults. Right now she's in the 'honest liberal' stage.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 01:55:03 pm »
We are witnessing Kirsten Powers undergoing predictable ideological transformation from liberal to conservative – the change most people go through as they mature in to thinking, responsible adults. Right now she's in the 'honest liberal' stage.

It's an amazing thing to watch.  Kirsten is a thoughtful, intelligent woman and I think she might be a good influence on some liberals.  Many of them are sorting through "issues" right now because they have just realized that Obama is a liar and 'what else is he lying about'.
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 02:59:08 pm »
It's an amazing thing to watch.  Kirsten is a thoughtful, intelligent woman and I think she might be a good influence on some liberals.  Many of them are sorting through "issues" right now because they have just realized that Obama is a liar and 'what else is he lying about'.

Speaking of thoughtful ... I am impressed with how thoughtful your comments are. Like most folks here your posts are smart. But lately I've noticed how very insightful they are as well.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:17:55 pm »
Speaking of thoughtful ... I am impressed with how thoughtful your comments are. Like most folks here your posts are smart. But lately I've noticed how very insightful they are as well.

Same to you AC.  There's a lot of good opinions and
insight here.  I really like this group of people.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 04:57:01 pm by alicewonders »
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

rangerrebew

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:46:29 pm »

Maybe she's a total exception but I don't think, as a general rule, there is anything such as a "transition" from liberal to conservative.  The same thought patterns that make an alcoholic are the same as those which make people liberal.  This is not some sort of sarcasm, the alcoholic doesn't think rationally and neither do liberals and they both seek something to grasp on to.  For the alcoholic, its booze; for the liberal its causes.  Neither can be changed by "transitioning" and you must go all the way or not at all.