Author Topic: School cancels Operation Christmas Child over lawsuit threats By Todd Starnes  (Read 2556 times)

Offline mountaineer

I love having an OCC kiddo for whom to buy presents, especially as there are so few people in my family who need Christmas gifts. This year, "my" little boy will get a ball, Hot Wheels car, notebook, pencils and a pen, a T-shirt, candy, toothpaste and brush, a bar of soap and a jigsaw puzzle. My Salvation Army child (in my town) will get a football and a shirt, at the very least. For someone like me who's normally such a cheapskate, it's fun to try to think of ways to make a little kid's life a little happier.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline happyg

I love having an OCC kiddo for whom to buy presents, especially as there are so few people in my family who need Christmas gifts. This year, "my" little boy will get a ball, Hot Wheels car, notebook, pencils and a pen, a T-shirt, candy, toothpaste and brush, a bar of soap and a jigsaw puzzle. My Salvation Army child (in my town) will get a football and a shirt, at the very least. For someone like me who's normally such a cheapskate, it's fun to try to think of ways to make a little kid's life a little happier.

Last year, I got a 10 year old boy, who wanted just a basketball. I got him a nice one, along with a pump. I never pass a Salvation Army kettle without dropping in money. One time, I gave the poor girl my gloves.  Those people are really dedicated.