Author Topic: Alec Baldwin Threatens to Quit Showbiz  (Read 1104 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Alec Baldwin Threatens to Quit Showbiz
« on: November 17, 2013, 03:51:06 pm »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/11/16/Baldwin-Threatens-To-Quit-Showbiz

by Larry O'Connor 16 Nov 2013

In a post under his blog byline at The Huffington Post, actor and MSNBC host Alec Baldwin suggests that he would quit show business for the sake of his family:

"I am concerned for my family. In Bloomberg's New York, forty or fifty paparazzi are allowed to block streets, inconvenience homeowners, workers and shoppers, and make life miserable for my neighbors. Photographers have tripped and fallen on babies in strollers on my block. They have nearly struck my wife in the face with microphones. They provoke me, daily, by getting dangerously close to me with their cameras as weapons, hoping I will react. When I do, the weapon doubles as a device to record my reaction. And then, apparently, I lose every time. If quitting the television business, the movie business, the theatre, any component of entertainment, is necessary in order to bring safety and peace to my family, then that is an easy decision."

The rambling, defensive, apologetic and, at times, aggressive article was published hours after MSNBC suspended Baldwin's weekly show for anti-gay slurs he made to reporters earlier this week.

Baldwin used his space at HuffPo to praise MSNBC, attack the media, blogs and, strangely, to blame the government for America's obsession with celebrities:

"This country's obsession with the private lives of famous people is tragic. It's tragic in the sense that it is so clearly a projection of people's frustration about their government, their economy, their own spiritual bankruptcy. You have no voice in Washington. In Washington, or in any statehouse, no one actually cares what you think. So you post online, you vote with a Roman-esque thumbs up or down on the celebrity debacle of the day. That is your right. It's also fatal misdirection of your voice and need to judge. Occupy Wall Street, on their worst day, had more integrity than the comments page of a website ever will."
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Scottftlc

• Certified free of TDS
Re: Alec Baldwin Threatens to Quit Showbiz
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2013, 03:54:02 pm »
Lame ass lying, crocodile-tears fool...he's too addicted to money-for-nothing and cheap adulation for that.
Well, George Lewis told the Englishman, the Italian and the Jew
You can't open your mind, boys, to every conceivable point of view

...Bob Dylan

Offline flowers

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 03:55:24 pm »
Lame ass lying, crocodile-tears fool...he's too addicted to money-for-nothing and cheap adulation for that.
yup

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »
The thing about Alec Baldwin?  (my opinion only)--he has the ability to give so much to a movie because he IS talented.  Its Complicated would not have been nearly the hit that it was if not for Baldwin.  I LOVED his portrayal of Jimmy Doolittle in Pearl Harbor.  I think he's a talented actor, and the screen is kind to him.

BUT he's just such a flaming a**hole--he negates his good contributions.

rangerrebew

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 08:52:21 pm »
What can I do to help him quit?

Offline Cincinnatus

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 09:49:32 pm »
BUT he's just such a flaming a**hole--he negates his good contributions.  :silly:

Can't argue with that.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline Rapunzel

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 11:02:29 pm »
The thing about Alec Baldwin?  (my opinion only)--he has the ability to give so much to a movie because he IS talented.  Its Complicated would not have been nearly the hit that it was if not for Baldwin.  I LOVED his portrayal of Jimmy Doolittle in Pearl Harbor.  I think he's a talented actor, and the screen is kind to him.

BUT he's just such a flaming a**hole--he negates his good contributions.

Agree completely....... which is why all these people need to stick to acting and stop spewing about politics...
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 11:04:03 pm »
Dad has ‘anger management issues’: Ireland Baldwin

Guess she’s not so thoughtless after all.

Ireland Baldwin has come to the defense of her dad, Alec, who once famously left her a voicemail calling her a “rude thoughtless pig.”

Now a model, the daughter of the “30 Rock” hothead turned failed MSNBC host and sultry actress Kim Basinger went on a rant of her own late Saturday night, claiming her father is not a monster and deserves to be left alone.

“My dad is far from a homophobe or a racist,” 18-year-old Ireland tweeted. “For someone who has battled with anger management issues, my dad has grown tremendously.”

The aspiring model found herself on the receiving end of Baldwin’s maniacal blowout at the tender age of 11 when he left her the devastating voicemail.

“Sometimes we let our tempers get the best of us,” Ireland explained on Twitter. “Tempers are like wildfires. Something or someone can easily fuel the fire.” ...

More at link.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 12:35:50 am »

Don worry, he threatened to leave the U.S. if GWB got elected too...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline xfreeper

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 02:40:29 pm »
i hope he doesn't quit before some reporter kicks his ass