Author Topic: Matt Damon: 'I'd Eat My Shoe If Jeb Could Name a Bush That Ever Even Walked Into a Public School'  (Read 1054 times)

Offline Rapunzel

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2013/11/16/matt-damon-id-eat-my-shoe-if-jeb-could-name-bush-ever-even-walked-pub

Matt Damon: 'I'd Eat My Shoe If Jeb Could Name a Bush That Ever Even Walked Into a Public School'

By Noel Sheppard | November 16, 2013

As NewsBusters reported, former Florida governor Jeb Bush pounded public school activist Matt Damon in August for putting his kids in private school.

Damon gave CNN's Jake Tapper a rather lame excuse for this in an online segment of their interview Friday while claiming, "I'd eat my shoe if he could name a Bush that ever even walked into a public school" (video follows with transcript and commentary):

JAKE TAPPER, HOST: Does that just come with the territory? I mean, I know actors can be, you know, used to criticism when it comes to your talents or cast in a movie. But when it comes to activism and ideas, it might be different.

MATT DAMON: Yeah, yeah, no, I think I…

TAPPER: Well, people said, “Well, you send your kids to private school. Why are you even involved in this?”

DAMON: Well, because I, you know, because I want the public schools to, if they were, if they went back to, if I could find my, the private school that I send my kids to is the thing closest to the public school that I went to that I could find. And that’s why I send my kids to private school. I wish I didn't have to, it’s expensive, and I also want my kids to be part of a, you know, their local community, you know, and not have to commute to somewhere else to go to school.

And that’s likely why most people send their kids to private schools: because the quality of public schools in most areas is so poor.

As such, Damon was perfectly illustrating the liberal credo of “Do As I Say, NOT As I Do!”

But there was more:

TAPPER: I don’t mean to bear down on your kids, I just…

DAMON: No, no, no, no, because that was a criticism, I think it was Jeb Bush who tweeted that, and then retracted it pretty quickly. Although I'd eat my shoe if he could name a Bush that ever even walked into a public school, but that’s another story. But, but no, I…

TAPPER: You might have to eat your shoe. I’m sure.

DAMON: Really? Maybe I will. Billy Bush, maybe he’ll call me up, “Man, I went to public school.”

Heck with Billy Bush.

The Miami Herald reported in 2002 that Jeb Bush initially attended the public Grady Elementary School in Houston before mother Barbara enrolled him in the private Kincaid School closer to where they lived.

Brother George W. attended public schools in Midland, Texas - Sam Houston Elementary and San Jacinto Junior High - before being enrolled at Kincaid when the family moved to Houston.

As such, would you like some salt for that shoe, Mr. Damon?

*****Update: Tweep @bzaz points out that George W's kids Jenna and Barbara both attended public schools - Preston Hollow Elementary in Dallas and Austin High School in Austin - and Jenna a few years after graduating college worked as a teacher's aide at Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School in Washington D.C.

(HT Twitchy)
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline happyg

I hope he eats a smelly, sweaty, dirty sneaker! Bush is a helluva lot closer to being an average American than people like Matt, who is typical of the Hollyweird snobs!

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
*****Update: Tweep @bzaz points out that George W's kids Jenna and Barbara both attended public schools - Preston Hollow Elementary in Dallas and Austin High School in Austin - and Jenna a few years after graduating college worked as a teacher's aide at Elsie Whitlow Stokes Community Freedom Public Charter School in Washington D.C.

Jenna also attended the University of Texas which is a public university.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Cincinnatus

A little background on Laura:
As a former public school teacher and librarian, Mrs. Bush has a special place in her heart for books and libraries.
We shall never be abandoned by Heaven while we act worthy of its aid ~~ Samuel Adams

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Although I'd eat my shoe if he could name a Bush that ever even walked into a public school, but that’s another story. But, but no, I…

Forgotten 9/11 already, Matt?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
I guess time heals all wounds, but Bush Derangement Syndrome is forever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline aligncare

It's okay with me if the left festers in BDS ... for I will forever despise The 0ne for what he has done to my country. GW left large debt and an expanded federal government, yes, but nothing like the damage Barry has done and he's not even through yet.

rangerrebew

Matt has "Bourne" too much responsibility for knocking conservatives. 000hehehehe

Offline olde north church

"Joe Everyman".  Cheech and Chong used to refer to Robert Redford as "Ordinary Bob".  Damon isn't any different.  Regular fraud.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline PzLdr

Matt,

I don't know your shoe size, but can you fit it into your ass WITH your head?  :smokin:
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee