Author Topic: One Thief Picked the Wrong 92-Year-Old Woman to Mess With  (Read 578 times)

Offline Rapunzel

One Thief Picked the Wrong 92-Year-Old Woman to Mess With
« on: November 17, 2013, 04:05:13 am »
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/16/one-thief-picked-the-wrong-92-year-old-woman-to-mess-with/

One Thief Picked the Wrong 92-Year-Old Woman to Mess With
Nov. 16, 2013 2:28pm Oliver Darcy

A 92-year-old Texas woman refused to comply with a home intruder that demanded money earlier this week and fought him off at one point by kicking the man in the face

Opal Phelps awoke and saw the masked thief in her Jasper County home Monday, but was not intimidated.

“He tried to make me shut up, but he didn’t have no luck at it,” Phelps told KHOU-TV.
When the thief asked for money, the woman pretended she had misplaced her purse. That’s when the intruder ordered her to put on her shoes. She refused.

“He had a hold of my leg trying to put them shoes on, and they hard to get on, and I just took my other foot and kicked him right in the face,” Phelps said.

The man eventually took off when Phelps pushed her “Life Alert” monitor, but she noted the thief managed to escape with her gun.

“I’m going to stay here. I told that cop I was getting me another gun,” Phelps said. “He says get it. I’m going to use it next time I think.”
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776