Author Topic: Warren Beatty and Annette Bening's transgender son Stephen appears in PSA calling for healthcare for trans community  (Read 1656 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2508124/Warren-Beatty-Annette-Benings-transgender-son-Stephen-appears-PSA-calling-healthcare-trans-community.html

His actor parents are well known activists and Stephen Ira Beatty seems determined to follow in their footsteps.

The eldest child of Warren Beatty and Annette Bening, who revealed he was transgender at the age of 14, appears in a new public service announcement (PSA) urging New York to change its Medicaid regulation which excludes transgender people from accessing healthcare.

Stephen, 21, appears confident and informed as he speaks about the problem, saying: ‘I grew up outside of New York, but I've always known I've wanted to move here for the city's vibrant artistic community.

**nononono*

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
‘I grew up outside of New York, but I've always known I've wanted to move here for the city's vibrant artistic community.

Then do so. No one is stopping you.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline flowers

Then do so. No one is stopping you.
:laugh:  then he can give all his money to the new mayors pet projects of stealing from the wealthy.  :smokin:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
A thread like this is useless without pictures.

Offline flowers

Offline mountaineer

The best part may be the "academic" path this disturbed young woman is taking:
... He describes himself in his blog by saying: ‘I’m an activist and a writer; I live in Yonkers, NY, where I’m a junior at Sarah Lawrence College.  We don’t do majors, but I study poetry, literature, queer studies, and critical theory.  I’m a gay trans man for whom both identities are equally important, a femme-inist, and a white person trying to do anti-racist work (sic).’ ...
She still has time, I'm sure, to enroll at a community college and take HVAC or auto repair classes, just to have something to fall back on.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Looks like a great kid.

It's great that the parents are financially fit enough to accommodate him/her.

Still the odds are it won't 'end' well.   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Rapunzel

We don’t do majors, but I study poetry, literature, queer studies, and critical theory.

queer studies,?????????????? 
�The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves.� G Washington July 2, 1776

Offline mountaineer

A Canadian psychiatrist has testified before Parliament that there is no such thing as a transgendered person.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 02:11:22 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Lipstick on a Hillary

Good grief--look at all the hickies on his/her neck. 

Online DCPatriot

Come on....those aren't suck bites....they're probably irritation from his headphones (see other photo), or teenaged acne.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

DC, I'm a nurse, and I KNOW what resolving hematomas look like. Don't tell me those are from headphones. 

Online DCPatriot

DC, I'm a nurse, and I KNOW what resolving hematomas look like. Don't tell me those are from headphones.

Okay....you're the expert.

I thought the color would  be a deeper purple and much smaller.  Never seen a passion mark that large.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
A Canadian psychiatrist has testified before Parliament that there is no such thing as a transgendered person.

I don't believe him. Full stop.

Then again - I am biased. Got a friend who is finally - after a 15 year wait - undergoing her surgery next week.

Do I understand it? Hell, no. Do I approve of it - she's finally happy so, hell yes.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Okay....you're the expert.

I thought the color would  be a deeper purple and much smaller.  Never seen a passion mark that large.

Its several little ones.  And they are deep purple when they're new.  OK, enough about the hickeys--sorry for the sideline.

Offline flowers

yikes...........i was wondering what those were.